May 2016 Moms
Options

Old Navy PSA

kbrands7kbrands7 member
edited October 2015 in May 2016 Moms
For those in need of maternity clothes or a few things for holiday shopping, Old Navy has an online sale today that lets you stack coupons for 25%off and free shipping on $25. (It works on sale items too.)
It's a good one to take advantage of if you only need one or two things, otherwise I'd suggest waiting for the next 40% and free shipping on $50.

Edited because d#%n phone tries to make every plural possessive. This thing drives me crazy sometimes.

Re: Old Navy PSA

• Options
    Today they have a sale when you enter the code FALLBACK for an extra percentage off and then the code FREEDOM for free shipping

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options

Today they have a sale when you enter the code FALLBACK for an extra percentage off and then the code FREEDOM for free shipping

Was just about to post this... I just got paid and am in desperate need of some better fitting clothes so perfect timing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much! Just got a bunch of tops for super cheap.
  • Options
    Might be a stupid question, but how do you know what size to order online? Do you just order a size up in regular clothes or your pre-pregnancy size in maternity? Super confused here

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amovin21 I usually buy maternity clothes in pre-pregnancy size. For regular clothes, it's anyone's guess.
  • Options
    So I'm currently working (aka shopping on the Old Navy website) and it kind of makes me mad that maternity sweaters are a lot more expensive than "normal" sweaters. I'll just buy the cheaper sweaters and layer. 

Maybe I'm too cheap. But thank you for posting this! 
  • Options
    Why must old navy only have like one pair of pants in my size that I'll even wear? And of course the reviews aren't the greatest. I generally dislike clothes shopping as it is so maternity clothes shopping is like 10 times worse. :(
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:
    So I'm currently working (aka shopping on the Old Navy website) and it kind of makes me mad that maternity sweaters are a lot more expensive than "normal" sweaters. I'll just buy the cheaper sweaters and layer. 

Maybe I'm too cheap. But thank you for posting this! 
    Because you are a captive audience. You (pregnant women in general) have no choice but to pay full price because the need clothes and need them now! Later on, you will want the maternity sweaters/tops. Just laying won't work. However, as much as I love ON maternity clothes, I do a lot of consignment store shopping for those clothes. Children's consignment stores often have a maternity section. I will pay full price for their jeans as I can get them in a short inseam. That is harder to find second hand.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited November 2015
    I agree, I don't mind buying jeans or work pants (although I just got some for a steal) but I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money for something I'm going to wear for another 6-7 months. Luckily, my best friend has loaned me a lot of her maternity wear so hopefully I won't have to buy a lot but there is something to be said for having your own clothes. 

Eta: I like layering in general, I'm not a fan of pullover sweaters anyways, they feel claustrophobic to me. I have no problem buying maternity tanks/tshirts/long sleeves but will probably stick with "normal" cardigans for as long as I can. 
  • Options
    That's why I did/do consignment shops for most my maternity clothes. Higher quality than thrift store but so much cheaper than retail. I hate that I need clothes again this time around but last time, I was working. Dress pants and nice tops just don't work well for preparing a house for sale, projects with my daughter, etc.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    @amovin21 I went to a maternity store for the first time this weekend and was surprised to learn you go with your pre-pregnancy size. Since they are maternity clothes, they are made for your size to be pregnant. My pre-maternity size in jeans is a size 8, so my maternity jeans I got are a size 8 but have some stretch to them as well as a banded top that will expand with a bump.
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:

I agree, I don't mind buying jeans or work pants (although I just got some for a steal) but I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money for something I'm going to wear for another 6-7 months. Luckily, my best friend has loaned me a lot of her maternity wear so hopefully I won't have to buy a lot but there is something to be said for having your own clothes. 

Eta: I like layering in general, I'm not a fan of pullover sweaters anyways, they feel claustrophobic to me. I have no problem buying maternity tanks/tshirts/long sleeves but will probably stick with "normal" cardigans for as long as I can. 
    I never used maternity cardigans. I was way too warm my last pregnancy to be able to handle full sweaters.
  • Options
    @kbrands7 I think I'm talking about the boyfriend cardigans with the open front. Sorry for not clarifying. I can't handle full sweaters even when I'm not pregnant.
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:

Oh, okay. I was thinking pullover sweaters. lol. Cardigans...there's no way I would do maternity. No point to me. I purchased a black fly away one with my first pregnancy. I wish I had read the "dry clean only" tag before I washed it. I still wear it to this day but the sleeves are now more like half sleeves than full sleeves.

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, I usually throw everything into the washer and hope for the best! 
  • Options
    @mrstmoose sorry, I was unclear. I meant that I didn't purchase either kind. I wear cardigans a lot, but used my prepregnancy ones throughout. Once they didn't button anymore, I wore them open or belted above my bump.
  • Options
    JessicaB0627JessicaB0627 member
    edited November 2015
    Ditto what @kbrands7 said about being too warm for sweaters. I was pregnant the exact same time 3 years ago (my due date is 3 days different) and I was way too flipping hot all the time. I mostly wore short sleeve shirts and a light north face jacket when I was outside in subzero temps. I live in central Indiana and winters can be pretty nasty. I really couldn't imagine being pregnant during the summer months!

ETA: I also wanted to add that I was at Old Navy over the weekend and had asked an associate about the sale on maternity clothes, it seemed everything was on sale except for the jeans but there was a place where it looked like a sign was missing. I worked retail so I try not to be a difficult customer, but these people were incredibly rude to me and talked to me like an idiot! So I looked at the prices online, found out the jeans I was looking at were half price online but not in store, so I talked to the manager and got the online price in store. I wouldn't have done that if they weren't so rude in the first place, but yay for half price pants!
  • Options
    The only maternity clothes in my wardrobe so far are from Old Navy. Everything fits great and the jersey materials are so soft.
    I'm a big fan. Also, these discounts don't hurt!

However, it's so hard to find any maternity clothes for tall people, much less affordable. I don't know about you other tall mamas but I'm starting to feel like I'm the first tall pregnant woman on the planet.

• Options
    Gap has 40% off and 50% off 5 items in store. Also anthropologie has 20% off tops and sweaters. I found a ton of long swingy shirts and sweaters last time from anthro that worked really well. Since it's all different brands you have to hunt for ones with forgiving pregnancy fits, but I wore a ton of non-maternity from there last time, including my shower dress.
  • Options

I am only buying maternity pants (gap and jcrew- my discount doesn't hurt!). So many tops now are cut bigger and have a swingy fit. And once we hit spring, maxi skirts and dresses will be perfect.

My only question is a winter coat.. any suggestions?

cat fail animated GIF