Thursday (11/5) Ticker Change

Week/Fruit:

Upcoming Appointments:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: How did you meet your s/o?

Re: Thursday (11/5) Ticker Change

• Week/Fruit: 11/ lime

Upcoming Appointments: 11/18 is my next appt.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: shortness of breath is gone...at least for now!! Otherwise many of the same symptoms: headaches, constipation, ravenous in the morning, sore boobs.

Questions for the group: none right now.

GTKY: How did you meet your S/o?
    We met 6 years ago at my work. He was doing a Physical Therapy presentation that I coordinated. We got talking and he didn't leave my office for 2 hours. We had so many things in common, from our love of music/concerts, to sports, etc. A few days later, we went on our first date and we've been inseparable ever since.
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited November 2015
    Week/Fruit: 14 weeks/Lemon

Upcoming Appointments: My next OB appointment isn't until the day before Thanksgiving, but I have an appointment by referral with a hematologist on Tuesday to figure out a supplementation plan for my anemia/thalassemia minor. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: A for-real bump started this week, I'm still very tired, and have sore breasts. Just today my gums bled some...I'm hoping this doesn't become a pattern. I'm getting that feeling like my hips are separating as well-- this didn't happen until later with my first. 
    Eta: I started being able to feel little flutters in the evening when I'm laying down. I'm super excited about that, and am eager for the flutters to become more discernible kicks and wiggles.

Questions for the group: None at the moment

We first met over 11 years ago when my DH was hanging out with one of our mutual guy friends. My guy friend was high and wandering our college dorm visiting people he knew, and DH was basically keeping him out of (more) trouble and along for the adventure of meeting people. Guy friend apparently insisted that DH had to meet me, so he tracked me down in the common area playing Call of Duty (the first one) with some friends. DH joined in and we hit it off, but didn't start dating until a couple of months later after I helped him study all night for a history final.
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 13/peach

Upcoming Appointments: 11/10...so just a few more days

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: love that I am starting to get my appetite back. Love seeing my body change. Love the hand me down pregnancy pillow my friend just gave me. Hate that I'm still having bleeding and double hate that the doctor can't give me a reason.

Questions for the group: Anyone else deal with unexplained bleeding like this? I know SCH and placenta previa come up a lot on here, but what about when it is unexplained, but everything is still ok??

GTKY: How did you meet your s/o? We met our senior year of undergrad in a class. That class happened to be Human Sexuality! My husband is very conservative, so that makes it pretty funny. Interestingly, we lived on the same dorm floor at the same time freshman year, but never crossed paths.
  • Week/Fruit:  12/Plum  Ovia app says green army man toy

Upcoming Appointments:  Next OB appt is the Wed. before Thanksgiving.  Anddd... I cracked.  I have an US schedule next weekend is Las  Vegas....   No self control over here. :|  I figured since I won't be spending any money on drinks, that can be my extra treat.  Plus, my H really wants to do it, too.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave -- Energy is BACK!  Rant -- I hate the in-between blumpy phase.  Gimme dat bump! ;)

Questions for the group:  n/a

GTKY: How did you meet your s/o? Ha.  Whenever I'm asked this around family or in a professional atmosphere, we always say mutual friends.  Which isn't a total lie, but we were both at this HUGE party.  A well-to-do family had three kids graduating-- one from grad school, one from undergrad, and one from high school.  They had a band, kegs, the whole works out at their farm.  Anyway, my H and I were both very much intoxicated, danced all night, both our phones were dead so we memorized each others phone numbers (quite surprising in the condition we were in) and the rest is history.  The next morning I was leaving for a music festival for a few days, but we had a real date as soon as I got back.

I realize that this post makes me look like a wild child.  Which I kind of was, but wow... times have sure changed! :)
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Wow... I was a little emoji happy on that last post.
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Week/Fruit: 14 / Just under 3 inches.

Upcoming Appointments: None until around the 10th of December

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Unfortunately evening sickness remains a thing. Mrs. Schicksal is still eating lots of peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, dairy and eggs. Plus half of a large chicken strip and a bunch of fries yesterday. She didn't feel good later that evening.

Questions: Nope!

GTKYN: We met completely at chance. I was about a month away from moving across the country so I had short timer syndrome at work. That combined with the fact that I wanted to see everyone as much as possible before moving meant I went out a lot. Someone talked me into going to swing dancing night with a bunch of other people we know on a Tuesday night even though I hated dancing. Mrs. Schicksal was also there since she knew some of the same people, and she took an 18 year old, just graduated high school foreign exchange student along with. She and I ended up at the back table a lot since neither of us like dancing and we talked a lot. She and I might have seen each other at parties twice more before I moved and that was that. Not too long after that she hit me up on AIM (anyone else remember that one?) and we ended up talking a lot, then texting back and forth and we basically started up long distance.
  • Week/Fruit: I'm 12 weeks 3 days! Baby is the size of a plum :)

Upcoming Appointments: I just had one last week so the next one isn't until 12/3 because of Thanksgiving. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Nothing I can't live with. I'm sneezing a lot more often than I have been and I have some round ligament pain when I sneeze, cough, stretch, or even laugh. But I know lots have it worse so I'm grateful that's it. 

Questions for the group: none. 

GTKY: How did you meet your s/o? We grew up together in the same neighborhood and DH had always had a crush on me but I despised him. Adolescent boys are just gross. Around the time I was 16 (he was 17) we became friends and I developed this secret crush on him but he didn't find out and I didn't tell him until after I graduated high school. We dated for about 4 months that summer then he went on a 2 year service mission for our church. We wrote every week and then he came home and we were married 9 months later. 
  • Week/Fruit: 14 weeks, baby is as big as a lemon!!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow I have my first ultrasound, and they're going to try and do the testing, I may be too far along though for it. Not sure if I even want the testing done, whether baby has something wrong or not, I would keep it. Praying for a perfecs US though. SO EXCITED TO SEE THE BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME :)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Everything I eat and drink leaves the nastiest taste in my mouth, it makes me want to vomit. Only thing that helps is chewing gum or sucking on candies, the help only lasts as long as they do though :/ Hoping it goes away soon.

Questions for the group: none at the moment that I can think of :)

I met him at a friends graduation party a couple years ago, (I'm 20, will be 21 when baby arrives). My friend introduced him as her brother and I didn't think twice about it. Got to know him more and became inseparable ever since.
  • Week/Fruit: 11/lime

Upcoming Appointments:Nov. 11th. I'm excited because it's my first ultrasound! :)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: the last couple of days I've been getting crazy headaches!!! Always seems to happen around the same time each day. Other than that I'm just tired.

Questions for the group: can't think of one at the moment.

GTKY: How did you meet your s/o? We met in highschool. We went to different schools but had a bunch of mutual friends. We would hang out on weekends go to parties and whatnot. It had been at least 8 years since I've seen him when we ran into each other at a party and we have been inseparable ever since (that was a year ago). It's crazy how the world works, knowing that I've known the love of my life for all these years but the universe just waited until the right time to bring us back together ❤
  • Week/Fruit: 11/lime

Upcoming Appointments: 11/9 12 week US

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: my OB who just told me I need to switch providers because she is no longer going to do deliveries. Ughh! Now I have to start from the ground and research doctors, etc. this couldn't suck more!!

Questions for the group: none at this time

GTKY: How did you meet your s/o? We were neighbors! I liked him for a very long time, but timing wasn't right for a while, specially since he's 5 years older than me and a 15 YO with a 20 YO is just wrong!!! Now 21 and 26 ( time we started dating) not too bad!! Haha!!
  • Week/Fruit: 13 peach!

Upcoming Appointments: 11/12

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: soooo  many headaches!!!! Also, I missed one of my favorite live music people in town yesterday :(

Questions for the group: Does anyone know if it's OK to use badger balm (soother formula)? My sister says it works great for headaches, but the scary internet says to beware of some herbs/aromas. If no one knows that's fine, I will be asking my doctor next week.

We actually had a lot of classes together in college but never really talked until senior year when I went to watch some other guy play softball (DH was on his team) we instantly hit it off and soon learned we actually were currently in most of the same classes, and it's not like they were big my lab was literally 12 people. We have been together ever since :) funny how timing works