January 2016 Moms
Options

What is your BFF..

I thought it would be fun for everyone to share what has been their go-to comfort for this pregnancy. Whether it be a food, item, activity etc.

So far mine has been Friendly's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and my Bobby pregnancy pillow! I don't think I could do it without either one!! :x

Re: What is your BFF..

• Options
    My LaZBoy, I would be so miserable without it! 
  • Options
    Napping on the couch while watching Real Housewives of Atlanta. Hulu randomly started the first season weeks ago and now I'm hooked on the drama.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Decaf lattes!  I never even drank them at all before getting pregnant, but I tried one on a whim a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked.  The milk and frothiness is just so comforting for some reason.  
  • Options
    Does salt count? I love salt.
  • Options
    My actual real life BFFs have been incredible, I agree about my husband as cheesy as that is - he has been noticeably going out of his way to care for me and help without being asked. My parents have been super ready to help as well.

Otherwise CHEESE and my heating pad and all the mystery shows that keep me entertained when I'm not working. Shout out to the ID channel, dateline, and forensic files!

For activities - I'm enjoying the massages I've had so far and the prenatal yoga that has been a great resource for strengthening and stretching all the right places!
  • Options
    Anything that entertains my toddler for more than 5 minutes so I can put my feet up is my BFF. Fortunately she is into books right now so we can snuggle up on the couch and read the same 3 books over and over.
  • Options
    Pillows and naps. I don't know if I could survive without either. OH and my husband making me breakfast in the morning, I'm super lucky. I'm not a morning person and I've never been a breakfast person until I got pregnant. Now I'm always super hungry in the mornings so I appreciate the extra help. :)
  • Options
    My bathtub and Epsom salts have been so great everyday.
  • Options
    Cocoa butter!!!
  • Options
    Peaches
  • Options
    Bananas!!!
  • Options
    Fiance. He is getting much better at noticing my wild hormonal moments before the completely take  over. Mostly all I need when that happens is a cuddle session :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Chocolate milk.  Whenever I start feeling sort of crappy/nauseous, chocolate milk makes me feel 100% better.  My husband doesn't even ask anymore.  If I say i'm not feeling well he'll just bring me a glass.  I love him.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    My body pillow, strawberry Jell-O, and iced tea!!
  • Options
    My sleepy lotion. It smells so good and works wonders... plus, it totally convinces my SO to give me a back rub (no matter how half-assed it may be lol). *Picture included (hopefully it isn't ginormous), you can get it at Bath & Body Works.
    And Starbucks. Java Chip Frap with Vanilla. Mmmmmm, true love.
  • Options
    I forgot about my dog. He has got it figured out that I need a buddy/companion when DH is away or working late. If I'm in the tub, he sits and waits for me on the bath mat. When watching TV or laying in bed with heating pads, he just can't snuggle closer. He's the best.
  • Options
    @krisdee123 I should've mentioned my dog too!  My husband and I work different schedules and my dog (and cats) have been such great companions when I'm on my own.  Our dog usually sleeps in his bed next to our bed, but when my husband works late he hops up on the bed and snuggles up next to me and it's the best.  :)  

He's also been in obedience class in preparation for the baby and he's doing such a good job.  Proud of our little guy.  We rescued him about a year and a half ago and he's come such a long way.  Can't wait to watch he and the baby develop a friendship as she gets older.
  • Options
    My mom... I can talk to her about uncomfortable things I can't talk to anyone else about, and with being pregnant there are alot of uncomfortable things going on with our bodies so she gets the "is that normal" all the time. My DH works out of town and so I'm at my parents house for dinner at least 4 nights a week. Over all she's just been amazing!
    Oh, and my tiny pillow I cuddle, I can't get comfy without it!
  • Options

Totally lame but totally true answer? My husband. As the pregnancy progresses he has gotten more and more helpful, and has done everything from running out to procure my food cravings to helping me up from the couch on days when it's just a little too hard to do comfortably on my own. 

Barf.

But seriously, me too. :)
  • Options
    French fries and gravy, sushi, and I sleep with about 4 massive pillows at night.

Oh, and my husbands sweatpants and t-shirts!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My tempurpedic! I'm in love with it now more than ever! It's the best when I'm in pain. Sometimes I just lay in it mid day because it supports everything so perfectly and makes me feel so much better.
    Also, DH. He has been so wonderful this whole time with my mood swings, getting me things, and generally doing whatever I ask or need. He is the best!
    I second (third?) the dog thing too. Our babies always seem to know when I need to cuddle. They always lay on the cuddles and kisses if I'm home by myself and decide to have a crying fit. :x

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely my "one coffee a day" because a few times a week I'll get a delicious starbucks coffee after work.

And Grey's Anatomy because I'm hooked and I'm not really a couch time kind of person but it helps keep me entertained and relax and unwind. I started watching it on Netflix from the beginning a few mths ago.
  • Options
    My couch, Netflix, one cup of coffee a day, and of course DH.
  • Options
    @BabyRut2015 Watching Greys from the beginning is my maternity leave "action plan"!!
  • Options
    @BabyRut2015 Watching Greys from the beginning is my maternity leave "action plan"!!
    I need to do this!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stetchy pants.
    And my sweet, sweet husband...who keeps me laughing through this whole process.
  • Options
    My dog, for sure. Also, my glider that we purchased that is hanging out in the family room. Oh, and listening to the Harry Potter audio books when I can't sleep (which is most nights).
  • Options
    @awakemysoul37  Oh my gosh, his little doggie face!!  What a cutie!  :)
  • Options
    @maureenmce that's my little love bug Lizzie Bennett:) she's very loving when it comes to her baby brother! She constantly wants to rest her head against my belly. She also keeps me company all day since my husband works full time and is getting his masters. Most days it's just the two of us snuggling!
  • Options
    Snoogle, pjs , food that keeps my blood sugar levels within the range.
  • Options
    My toddler :) my older children are lovely too, just more challenging as they are 12 & 9. But my 17 month old is so cute & cheers me up with her little smile and sunny disposition that it reminds me it's all worth while ;) (how about that for cheesy). She's also sweet with my bump and likes to lift my top and pat my belly (even if it is a bit rough sometimes). ❤️
  • Options
    Club soda, Mexican food, Netflix trashy reality tv shows, and my cats. Living it up, man.
  • Options
    Neighborhood walks with my son (20 months) after work.... Now I'm on bed rest so I'm thankful for my comfy bed (I guess)
  • Options
    As I was reading through these, I was thinking the same thing!  He has made a total transformation into nurturing Daddy to be!  I could not be any happier.  I have had a rough week between, heartburn, gas, and some stomach bug that is going around at work that caused me to throw up last night.  He rubbed my back until I fell asleep and is always willing to take me out to eat if I have a craving.  He will surprise me with ice cream when I don't ask, he has just been the sweetest thing ever and I am so thankful for him! Oh...and my other bff is leftover Halloween candy!  :))
  • Options
    My toddler!!!!

When I say the baby is making me sleepy she brings me a stuffed animal and plays in her room quietly while I take a nap in mine for 40 minutes or an hour, which is like a lifetime for a toddler.

She reminds me to take my "baby pill" (prenatal) every night.

And she gives me "spa treatments" if I'm not feeling well. I get bad headaches and she brushes my hair and gives me a neck "massage" and "paints" my nails.