May 2016 Moms

PGAL Check-in 11/02/2015 - 11/07/2015

nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
edited November 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Did not see one created so I created one.  If one is already out there for this week and I missed it, let me know and I'll try to change this to something silly or something.

Edit:  Just realized I did not type anything lol Chalk it up to pregnancy brain!

I'm really worried about going off the progesterone.  I know it sounds silly.  I know that if I were going to MC it would happen regardless of if I was on progesterone.  I just have this mental crutch thing that says that is what is holding the baby in.  Know what I mean?  So it scares me to go off of it.  I'm supposed to go off of it at the end of the first trimester.  I think I'm going to finish out my entire prescription first though even if it is after that time.  I have read online in multiple places that it does not hurt anything to keep taking it. I'm thinking I'll do it for my piece of mind.

I keep worrying what if I go in for my NT scan in a couple of weeks and the baby has no heartbeat.  I am terrified of that.  My belly does not seem to be getting a bump or anything.  According to The Bump pregnancy week by week, I should have the start of one by now.  But I don't.  Then again I'm kind of on the fat side anyway.  All my fat accumulates around my belly.  My belly button has gotten a lot more shallow though so maybe I am on my way to getting a bump and having that eventual outtie.  Who knows.  I just think that if something happens and I lose this one too, I' will lose my mind.  I don't think I could take that kind of pain again.  In a weird way I'm more excited about this one than I was the last one.  It's kind of weird.  I can't explain it.  Some days I have symptoms and others I don't.  Right now every morning it is waking up with super super super sore boobs lol

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: PGAL Check-in 11/02/2015 - 11/07/2015

• I completely understand what you are feeling!

For me, each appointment I tell myself, after this one I will feel better! Not sure if that is true though, lol.

My next check up is next Wednesday, so I'm terrified about being able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. I had an early ultrasound for viability/dating and hope I get to have an NT scan too.

As for looking or feeling pregnant, my clothes are really uncomfortable, so I kind of relish that!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm just patiently waiting for my 12w check-up on Friday. Once I hear that heartbeat I'll be able to breath a tad bit easier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @nerdymama15 My doctor told me I should stop taking the progesterone at 9 weeks. I thought that was way early, but I did it anyway and then a week later had an US and everything was perfect! I know my experience is not yours and you can't really compare, but hopefully that makes you feel a little better.

I've had a really rough week. I am crying at any mention of babies and all the cute Halloween costumes didn't help. I was so excited for DD to be a little lady bug or butterfly that that's all I could think about all day Saturday. Luckily we were out of town so I didn't have to see all the trick-or-treaters, but it was still really hard this year.

I've been thinking I need to start seeing a therapist because I don't know if I can take the emotions of such a recent loss and pregnancy all together anymore. Everyone tells me, "You are so strong. I don't know how you do it!?" Well, I don't know either. I guess I'm still numb to everything.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My morning sickness has subsided tremendously during the last 2 weeks. While that was a big relief, I find myself worried now that I'm not having that reassurance of a severe symptom!
    On the bright side, my 12 week checkup is tomorrow and I'm just looking forward to hearing that little heart flutter! I've had two early ultrasounds and everything looks great!
  • Today I honestly don't know if I have the flu or not. My ms has been so bad lately, but so far today all I can keep down is water. I called into work because I'm pretty useless running to the bathroom every few minutes. My ginger candies aren't even touching it so maybe it is the flu? 

Just got off the phone with my doc. Trying to figure out my anatomy scan around our Christmas travel plans. So we won't see baby again till January 4th or 11th. They'll be so big by then! Can't wait to get to snuggle them but that's even further away.
  • I keep telling myself...I will relax when _____.

I thought I would relax after my first ultrasound.  Then I thought I would relax after we heard the heartbeat on the Doppler.  Now I am hoping I will relax after the NT scan, after the Materniti21 results, and after the first trimester ends.

But then I'll probably worry until the anatomy scan, and then I'll probably worry until the glucose test, and then I'll probably worry until the baby is born.

And we all know we will never go a day without worrying about our kid.  So I guess this is just how it goes from now on.  I just wonder when I'll stop thinking of myself as a "loss mom" and start thinking of myself as a "mom."
    imageimage
  • Agreed 100% @YouGoGlenCoco31 !
    I also keep feeling guilty because my original due date is quickly approaching. It still makes me sad to think that I would have been 8 months pregnant and to think of that occasion. But I don't want to take anything away from this baby and how happy I am to be pregnant now and how grateful I am for this LO.