December 2015 Moms

Nursing Bra

What is the best nursing bra for busty women?

Re: Nursing Bra

• Right now I'm a 36G but that was measured about 6 weeks ago. I'm afraid to get measured again. I've been wearing the cake cotton candy nursing bra the last few months since underwire was causing me a lot of pain. I haven't nursed in it yet being a FTM but so far I love it and I've got plenty of room to grow. Can't wait to wear underwire again once the bump is gone :)
  • kksquared said:

Right now I'm a 36G but that was measured about 6 weeks ago. I'm afraid to get measured again. I've been wearing the cake cotton candy nursing bra the last few months since underwire was causing me a lot of pain. I haven't nursed in it yet being a FTM but so far I love it and I've got plenty of room to grow. Can't wait to wear underwire again once the bump is gone :)

We are about the same size I think, how "supportive" is this bra? I hate the bra that I bought to "get me by" a few weeks ago because I feel like my boobs are in my arm pits. I want them held properly lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a large in it. The support is really good for a non wired/non padded bra. It goes over your head like a sports bra but has hooks to adjust in the back. Support isn't as good as a wired bra but pretty good. I also wear petals for modesty.
  • There is this incredibly vain part of me that is refusing to buy a nursing bra. Even though I am going to breastfeed and WILL need one I just cannot cos the only ones I can find make me think of old women. So at the moment I am sticking it out hence my rant in UO
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Just as an FYI, they say to wait until your milk comes in to buy nursing bras but I don't think that's ideal. I had my baby already so of course didn't have any bras yet. Went shopping for some to make pumping easier without removing my bra, well I couldn't try them on cause I was leaking all over the damn place! ! Plus I had pumped within the hour so it's not like I was full. Anyways ended up just choosing a couple and buying without trying.
  • I found one I liked at Motherhood, and one that is okay at Target. Both are underwire. I tried the no-wire ones, but they just weren't supportive enough.....
  • @angelicmommy I put it off forever too, mostly for those reasons but I feel like a whole new person I am so much more comfortable (I truly didn't know how uncomfortable my bras were until I put the new one on). I bought the Bravado Seamless "Silk" and it isn't gorgeous but it isn't that bad, I also bought the yoga version of the same bra and it crosses in the back which makes me feel like it is a more normal looking :)
  • I hear barley there from kohls are wonderful. More so for sleeping or being around the house
  • holoceneholocene member
    edited November 2015
    Bravado bras are incredible. I've lived in their seamless silk bras for the past 4 years while breastfeeding my first, then second.

ETA: They will email you a 10% off code if you check their website.
  • I also got two bravado bras, and I like them so far. They are not super supportive but it was recommended to me to purchase without underwire, and they are super comfy.
  • Oddly enough my favorites are the cheap, no. Lined and no wire ones I got at Walmart. You are going to put a nursing pad in there anyways and all that offing drove me nuts with other bras. Furthermore the ones without underwire adjusted to my fluctuating boob size over the months I nursed. I also am a huge fan of the sleep bras that I live in at home, especially during the first couple months. Furthermore don't forget you are going to be doing the most nursing in the dead of winter, so form and smoothness doesn't matter as
    Much under sweaters and cardigans.
    "There is more to us than we know. Perhaps, if we are made to see it just once, for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker