March 2015 Moms

Loose Rings

Hi everyone - strange question. Did anyone else have their rings become toof loose after child birth? Like my fingers shrunk?! I'm wondering if I need to get mine resized or if they'll go back to normal. Not sure if it's breastfeeding related?

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

Re: Loose Rings

• My fingers swelled a little during pregnancy due to water retention. So my rings were sort of tight. I think after I lost the weight and now after the summer (my rings are always tighter in the summer), my rings are back to being pretty lose. Not falling off, but they have a lot of give. Unless you are losing them, I would just give it a full year to ensure that your fingers don't get larger over the summer. If they're so loose that you are in danger of them falling off, I'd get them resized now. Resizing can be expensive, so maybe before you decide on it, try a ring guard first? And breastfeeding can mean dehydration, which may mean skinnier fingers, too. So a lot of factors that could be involved.
  • Thanks, I thought it was strange because my fingers definately swelled during pregnancy so I didnt anticipate the opposite problem. Ill have to look into a ring guard- I hadnt heard of that.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15