TTC After a Loss
Options

1st month temping/using OPKs (loss mentioned briefly)

This is my first month temping and using OPKs. We've been TTC since Jan, got 1st BFP in May then had D&C June 21st. I wasn't planning on temping since we got our BFP pretty quick the 1st time. But then AF didn't return until Oct 4th. I was so frustrated and felt like I had wasted so much time. That combined with the fact I have 40+ day cycles pushed me to decide to temp/use OPKs to give myself the best shot each cycle. So glad I did! Got first positive OPK yesterday and I would've put my fertile period at the end of this week. BD time! FX! Any other first time tempers? Anyone else on similar timing? Dreading the TWW after I confirm ovulation!

Re: 1st month temping/using OPKs (loss mentioned briefly)

• Options
    I want to start temping, but AF hasn't returned and my d&c was sept 11th. Did you call your dr after you passed the 6 week mark after your d&c? I know everyone is different but it's driving me crazy. We're hoping for a bfp by Christmas and read that I shouldn't start temping until I get AF
  • Options
    I've been temping for a couple of years now. Yea, forever but it was what I used to do for BC. According to my temp I should be ovulating in the next couple days so my TWW will be about the same! I am dreading it, this is our first cycle TTCAL. But maybe we can be company! @angelbab807 I had my D&C on the 11th as well and started temping a couple days after. I ovulated at the end of the month according to temp and AF came back on 10/14. We're trying to be pregnant again by Christmas too! I hope your AF comes soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @angelbab807 My D&C was June 21st. Doctor told me to call if hadn't gotten AF by the beginning of September (may have been a little longer guidance for me as I have long cycles). I called and came in to see him I think around the 15th or 16th, and he told me to give it two more weeks because I had been experiencing some cramping since the D&C at about a cycle length apart and the pains were almost due again so we wanted to see if I got those pains again or not, AF arrived finally instead on 10/4. I think the pains must've been my body trying to hear back up for AF. The waiting is so frustrating though, I would definitely call if they told you to call at a certain time as some women need help to get things started again.

@piccprincess misery loves company would be glad to have company in the TWW. Here's to hoping we O!
  • Options
    Thank you @piccprincess I hope so too! I called my dr this morning to speak to the nurse but she wasn't available and was supposed to call me back before they closed. Never got my call back so I'll probably be calling back tomorrow. My dr had only told me to call if I had any problems and that AF should return witin 4-6 weeks. I haven't been very impressed with this dr so I may be looking for a new one. Good luck to you both!
  • Options
    This is my first day temping! I was perfectly content not to chart my temps (we didn't have much trouble conceiving), but after 2 miscarriages my acupuncturist wants me to temp to see what is actually happening during my cycle. I hope it gives her a better understanding so that we can avoid any further miscarriages. FX! 

Best of luck to you all!
    Pregnancy Ticker