April 2015 Moms
Options

It's too loud- baby won't nap

Ugh. My poor baby. It's her naptime and just 10 minutes in construction started on the apartment above us. I don't know WHAT they're doing but it's loud. She's been up and crying ever since. I have her white noise machine on and her air purifier on turbo, but it's not enough.

I'm REALLY hoping the noise stops ASAP. Or maybe somehow she falls asleep during it. But failing that, I'm going to go in and nurse her in about 20 mins.

Does anyone have any advice about what to do then? Should I try putting her back down in an hour (if noise has stopped?) I'm so confused because I normally put her down for a nap every two hours so this just really throws the day off. 

I'm so pissed. I HATE whenever anyone interferes with her sleep. And she was so yawny and tired too.
"It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson

Re: It's too loud- baby won't nap

• Options
    What if you take her in the car or stroller so she falls asleep and then move her to the crib? Will she sleep thru the noise then?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Well luckily and amazingly she eventually fell asleep during the loud noise and stayed asleep for a while after it stopped. I'm trying to be hopeful that this experience will help her to sleep through noise. I wake her up easily during her naps if I make a small noise out in the living room such as my earbuds tapping on the iPad when I pick them up or opening the fridge.

I guess it all worked out. I feel like the noise police these days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate loud noises or even small noises since I've become mom! Lol some days every little noise wakes up my baby and others he can sleep through a hurricane! Baby's sleep is so precious, why don't other people get that?! Lol
  • Options
    If you start making just regular noise during nap do you think maybe she'll get used to it and sleep better when noise is around her.. That's hard Bc nap time your confined to home
  • Options
    shrkfan said:
    If you start making just regular noise during nap do you think maybe she'll get used to it and sleep better when noise is around her.. That's hard Bc nap time your confined to home
    It's kind of an interesting thought. Today, having her fall asleep during that loud noise I was thinking maybe it will help her get used to it. The idea of making noise on purpose during her nap to get her used to it is very interesting in theory, but after a few times of waking her up early from a nap and hearing her cry, having her cranky, and having my "break" be shortened, I quickly learned to be quiet during her naps! You gotta do what works. When I was pregnant I thought I'd never be quiet during naps because that way baby would learn to sleep through noise. But since she finds noise so disruptive it's not worth experimenting with. I'm quiet and she gets her sleep. Hope she develops into a deeper sleeper....also we're moving to a slightly bigger place soon so hopefully that helps!
  • Options
    I hate loud noises or even small noises since I've become mom! Lol some days every little noise wakes up my baby and others he can sleep through a hurricane! Baby's sleep is so precious, why don't other people get that?! Lol
    I pretty much hate anything that anyone does to interfere with her precious, precious nap schedule. That is extremely important to me to the point of protecting it at almost any cost lol. I can't think of much I would prioritize over her nap schedule. I think it's partially because it took me over 5 months to get her to sleep anywhere other than my arms. So it's not just a nap schedule, it's my sanity!