June 2016 Moms
Options

SMALL UPDATE No heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days

vtr10vtr10 member
edited November 2015 in June 2016 Moms

Did anyone not see a heartbeat at 6 weeks? We did a vaginal ultrasound today and saw a yolk sack and fetal pole but no heartbeat. My doctor said this is totally normal bc I could have ovulated later than normal which is typical for me. I didn't use an ovulation kit this time around so I have no idea when I ovulated. I'm just bummed bc I know how common it is to see a heart beat at 6 weeks. I go back Thursday to do another ultasound. I'll be 7 weeks 3 days. I'm so nervous.....I'm nervous bc the sack measured exactly what I am, 6 wks 4 days.

I figured I would post a small update:  My nurse called me back today with my labs from Friday and my HGC is 20,000 and Progesterone was 43 so those are good signs that baby is growing like it should.  I'm hoping by Thursday we will DEFINITELY see a heartbeat!! 

Re: SMALL UPDATE No heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days

• Options
    I have not had this happen but it's a good sign if the doc did not seem concerned! Good luck! My thoughts and prayers with you!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My dr doesn't normally schedule a scan before 7 weeks for this reason unless there was a previous loss. Thoughts and prayers!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not sure because I haven't had my scan yet but I am sending you good vibes and agree with PPs that if your doc didn't seem concerned that was a good sign. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    If you don't know when you ovulated its a good chance you are earlier than you think.
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound on Monday at 6w 2d. All we saw was a sac and fetal pole also. We're still very early on, and at this stage, hours/days make such a big difference! Try not to worry and make sure to keep us posted once you have your next scan!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    FX for a heartbeat at the next scan!!
  • Options
    Thanks y'all I've had two losses this year so I'm on pins and needles. I'll be sure to update Thursday.
  • Options
    We had only a sac and pole at 6&4, now 37&4 with a healthy baby girl. Try not to panic and just get through the week. Thoughts to you.
  • Options
    Keep in mind the estimated due date is based on LMP assuming you ovulated at CD 14. Many many women ovulate "late." The cycle I got pregnant I o'ed on CD 23.

Try to stay as calm as you can. I know this is scary. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    It sounds like it's just early. Fetal pole and sac are a good sign!

• Options
    This happened with DS. We went in at I think 6w-4d, no heart beat but there was a fetal pole and sac. We went back at 7w-6d and everything was perfect. I was pretty sure of when of ovulated but the tech said I could have implanted a few days late too. My OB didn't change my due date.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Small update in my post
  • Options
    That sounds like promising news! FX for a good scan on Thursday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me! Took till 6w5d
  • Options
    dee300idee300i member
    edited November 2015
    This is kinda happening to me too, I went for an ultrasound last Wednesday and I should've been 7 weeks but I was measuring only 6 weeks sac and just a yolk sac showing. I'm scheduled on Wednesday to go back for another ultrasound. They think my dates are off. But I'm hoping that I would see if fetal pole with a heart beat too. My last hCG blood drawn was 17868. So we will see.
    I was so sure when I ovulated but maybe it was later, plus maybe implanted later too. My fingers are crossed for you. I hope you get good news soon. I'll keep you updated with my appointment on Wednesday. Be thinking of you, I think because you saw a fetal pole that it's very promising sounding as well. [-O<
  • Options
    FX for you!

I have my intake Friday and I am on pins and needles.

Prayers to you all for a relaxing week with minimal stress!
  • Options
    WaitingMay14WaitingMay14 member
    edited November 2015
    Yes totally normal. Actually most hb don't start to get picked up on a Doppler til 6.5 weeks. Plus you don't know when you ovulated. The fact that you have all the other elements is a good sign. Do yourself a favor and just relax I'm a loss mom worrying will only drive you mad. All seems like it's been progressing well.

I didn't mean to post that photo. Ugh. And I don't know how to take it down. My phone is possessed. Sorry lol
  • Options
    Great news about your hormone levels! It sounds like things are progressing. Still praying!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is a matter of hours that can make a difference! I went for my first appt. at 6w and didn't know how far along I was(we weren't trying so I didn't keep track of ovulating, my cycles are always off.) so my doc scheduled an u/s for the next day to determine a due date and we saw a heartbeat. The tech said it's rare to see it that early and if I came in an hour earlier, we may not have seen it!