Baby Names
Options

Choose Between Two

eileenmcgooeileenmcgoo member
edited November 2015 in Baby Names
I know many of you don't like last names as first names, but if you are open to the idea please chime in.

My mom's maiden name is Harris. For this reason, I've been thinking about using either Harris or Harrison if I end up having a boy. Which one do you prefer?

Choose Between Two 129 votes

Harris
17% 23 votes
Harrison
82% 106 votes

Re: Choose Between Two

• Options
    I would use Harrison over Harris. I know someone named Harrison, Harris though is one I would side eye.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Harrison = no side eye. Harris = baby side eye.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Harrison if FN, Harris if MN
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Harris makes more sense since it is actually the name that inspired you.
  • Options
    I would use Harris as a middle name. I didn't vote, as I don't like last names as first names, but I think the middle name slot works great, and I think Harris works well as a mn. My maiden name was Lewis, and if this baby is a boy it will be his middle name
  • Options
    I really like Harrison.
  • Options
    My son is named Harrison - we are constantly complimented on his name.  I never thought of it being a surname but that doesn't particular bother me. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    Harrison. You could always give him the nickname Harris. We have friends that have a Harrison and call him Harris for short sometimes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I wouldn't so Harrison too trendy in the past few years. Harris sounds Classic and old fashioned to me and if that what you want to call him then just go with that. Can't be short formed or interpreted by people in any other way.