June 2016 Moms

First pregnancy totally unplanned! Scared momma

Hi all :)

This is my first pregnancy & I am scared to death. I just want the baby to be happy & healthy. I have been keeping up with my workouts, just not as intense, eating very healthy not many unhealthy cravings! I think I'm so nervous because my doctor told me I don't need to come in until 8weeks. I am only 6 weeks now. It would ease my mind to go in now just to make sure I'm not high risk or anything. Did anyone else feel like a fish out of water during their first pregnancy?

Thanks for the input & happy Halloween :)

Re: First pregnancy totally unplanned! Scared momma

• You'll be fine. That's when doctors suggest almost everyone goes in. Welcome and congrats.
  • I'm a first timer too! Luckily my cycle is longer but they still scheduled my appointment according to it so they think I will be 8w1d and I think I will only be 6w4d. The wait is still driving me crazy! I'm 5w5d right now. Congratulations and welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also 6 weeks, and will go for my first appointment at almost 9 weeks (but really 8 weeks, since I also ovulate late). That was the earliest appointment I could get. I figured I stopped drinking, I don't smoke, and other than some prescriptions that I need to take, I'm relatively healthy. I'm sure they can answer any questions you have in the meantime before you go to your first appointment. 

• My first appointment is at 10 weeks (this Wednesday!) the wait has been hard.
  • Thanks all! Glad I'm not alone! Congrats to everyone as well. I am so excited to go I don't know how I'll get past these next few weeks. Is there a fast forward button for life they can invent?! Haha :)
  • Just relax and enjoy. I promise you will look back thinking it flew by.

This is totally normal. What will they do for you at your 8 week appointment?
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• FTM here too-- I'm trying to remain calm as well! I finally see why all of my pregnant patients were nuts!!

I just keep reminding myself that while its early (7w1d) there are no signs anything is wrong. I also just keep thinking about all of the beautiful healthy babies that have been born into my family recently and focus on that instead of the negative!

I have a feeling that as soon as you get to your appt and see the heartbeat you'll be totally reassured :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • They told me they would do an internal sonogram & take cultures? Not sure what that means (the cultures) & not taking blood! Which I thought was unusual? Hopefully it'll go well! @laurenm2123 I am trying to stay positive I think I am just such a nervous nelly! We haven't told family yet either ! Waiting until we get further along, around the holidays :)
  • I feel the same way - am counting down days til my first appointment at 9 weeks!
  • I feel the same way - am counting down days til my first appointment at 9 weeks!

Can we get a fast forward button on life or what?! :)
  • I am also unexpectedly expecting! I was on BC for my first 4 weeks, until I had a suspicion that I could be pregnant. I called my OB completely freaking out at just over 4 weeks, after my BFP. They also set my appt for 8/9 weeks out and said they weren't concerned about the BC harming anything and to go about life as usual - minus the pills, of course.

My appt is FINALLY Friday. It has been a tough 4 weeks.

Congrats, and good luck!
  • Op and FTMs, totally a normal feeling! My first pregnancy, I swore the first appointment would never get here- I didn't think I could stand the wait!

He turns 4 next week. :)

I know it feels like life is moving in slow motion but I promise, the day WILL come! And one day maybe you'll be onto number two (like me) and telling mom's on this board your BTDT tales!

Congrats to all you mamas!!!
  • FTM. I am super nervous. I have my first appointment today. The wait has been crazy. I received a call from the doctor to reschedule my appointment. I was freaking out,but she just moved the time up.
  • Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm a second time mom and still pretty anxious. First tri is pretty nerve-wracking. Try to keep busy and keep taking good care of yourself, and that appointment will be here before you know it.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• This is my third and it still hard waiting between appointments, but the wait for the first was by far the worst. With my first two it was a bit easier once baby started moving consistently.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Welcome and congrats. You're concerns are 100% normal and guaranteed almost everyone feels the same way :) I encourage you to snoop around the board, read some threads and join in - good way to distract yourself :)
  • Thanks ladies! I just stomached a green smoothie & now I'm eating Cheetos.. The need for salt is real! I feel like a crazy person haha :) thanks for all the kind words !
  • Unexpected FTM here also, I didn't know when my last period was so i got to go at 4 weeks for an US, it looked like a little spec but was super reassuring and scary at the the same time, that has made it worse when it comes to wanting to tell everyone! I am now 7w6d and had a second US and go back in 4 weeks(: Good luck!
  • arosemong said:

They told me they would do an internal sonogram & take cultures? Not sure what that means (the cultures) & not taking blood! Which I thought was unusual? Hopefully it'll go well! @laurenm2123 I am trying to stay positive I think I am just such a nervous nelly! We haven't told family yet either ! Waiting until we get further along, around the holidays :)

Cultures means you'll be getting a Pap smear. They'll test for infections and other problems. It's bo big deal. At my first appt with DS she also did a breast exam and basically checked me from head to toe. If they don't do blood at this one they'll do it soon to test your iron levels and look for other harmful STDs so they can treat you if necessary.
    Just try to relax and take it a day at a time. This is a really exciting and scary time, but as others said, you'll be amazes at how it flies by!
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker