Pregnant after 35
Options

PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain) severe pelvic pain

This is my 3rd pregnancy and around week 14 (now week 22) I started experiencing severe pain in my pelvic area and lower back. The pain got so bad that I have been put on disability. I cannot stand for more than 15 min. Cannot pick up my toddler, and can't do the things that I enjoy most due to this constant pain.
The worst part is after several Dr. visits and emergency room visits due to the pain that had me doubling over crying I couldn't get an answer. One Dr even told me it was in my head.
With no answers I thought I was going nuts. Then I started experiencing what I thought was sciatic nerve pain as I had been diagnosed w that during my previous pregnancy. I was looking up pain relief that I could do at home and came across PGP and ALL of the symptoms are what I have! This happens to 1 in 5 women but usually not as severe.
I'm upset that I couldn't get an answer from my Dr besides hey lady, its on your head. However, I am glad to have found an answer. Apparently there is a whole community of women who deal with this.
I just feel silly bringing it up to my Dr. because I found the answer on the Internet.

Re: PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain) severe pelvic pain

• Options
    My Dr diagnosed me with pgp over a month ago. I'm 27 weeks tomorrow. She ordered a pelvic cradle or me with back support. It does help, but unfortunately, this pain will only continue as the pregnancy continues. :(
  • Options
    Do warm baths help?  I've had pelvic pain since week 6 (11 weeks now), but I was diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction which is causing nerve pain thanks to the extra hormones/weight from the pregnancy.  I find warm baths sometimes help me.  I also just started acupuncture.  I hope your pain gets better.