Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Removing Car Seat Straps

My three year old will not stop sliding the chest buckle down and removing her arms from the car seat straps. I have tried everything to get her to stop and nothing is working. I have searched for a product to help with this issue and discovered that chest straps are illegal in Europe for this very problem. The Houdini Solution sold on Amazon has bad reviews, apparently it can be undone easily by the child. The only other product that I can find is not sold in the US or available for shipping here. Does anyone have any solutions to this issue? I am concerned for her safety if we were to get in an accident. I have tried punishment, bribery, distraction, stopping the car every time and replacing the straps, even a warning from a police officer. Nothing stops her. Any advice would be appreciated

Re: Removing Car Seat Straps

• Options
    Check out the Car Seats for the LIttles Group on FB. They will give advice.

Have you tried putting a shirt on backwards over the straps? Put her arms through it and they will cover the buckle.

My understanding is that the chest straps are illegal in Europe not because of this problem, but because they have laws that state you must be able to get a kid out of a car seat using only one hand, in case of an accident.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try tightening the straps. Are you a member of What to Expect as well? I think I remember you posting over there a few times. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not just that they are illegal stdies have shown that the chest clip is no safer than not having one, inface having it can be detrimental in an accident if not placed correctly.