Trying to Get Pregnant

New Here - Intro!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself as I dip my toe in the water....

Let's see...I've been married for 7 years, and we haven't been too interested in children for the majority of that time. DH has said in the past that he really wasn't sure he wanted kids at all, ever. That forced me to really think about what I wanted, but in the absence of any strong desire to have them, I just put it out of my mind. I figured we would cross that bridge if/when something changed for me. About 6 months ago, it did, eventually leading to some casual discussions with DH about me going off the pill. He has since said some things jokingly about baby names and parenting that he's never said before. We have agreed to sorta see what happens. I think all this was prompted by him getting a new job with more pay, we are getting ahead financially, etc. His job involves 50% travel, which I think has actually been great for our marriage...probably leading to more confidence with the idea of parenthood as well. He works for 3 weeks straight, then is home (no work) for 3 weeks.

I have been off the pill before, when we first got married. I wanted to get off hormonal birth control for various reasons, so I read TCOYF and did the whole charting bit for about 5 months (to avoid) before freaking out and going back on the pill. I just didn't trust it, and it kinda killed our sex life worrying about it constantly haha.

So I don't really know exactly where I'm at yet mentally...I've been off the pill since 10/4, and I guess we are NT(too hard)NP if that's what it's called. I don't want to make myself crazy with temping, but I'll probably track CM and go by the info I took last time, where I mostly O'ed around CD16. If I get to a point where I feel like it's taking too long, I'll be more aggressive with timing. It's tricky with his schedule, but not impossible.

I guess that's about it so far, I hope to get to know you all a little bit better as time goes on, but at the same time, I hope all of you get the BFPs you want and aren't here long!

Me 34 - DH 34
Married since 2008
Pregnant with #1 EDD 8/17/17

Re: New Here - Intro!

• Welcome and good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! My hubby travels for work too... Love it!

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Thanks ladies!!
    Me 34 - DH 34
    Married since 2008
  • Dumb question....I've tried to search it, but I don't know what it's called so I'm getting too many results. Maybe I missed it in the newbie posts. When you tag someone like on Instagram here with @, do you just type out the name, or does that happen automatically if you hit reply to a specific poster?
    Me 34 - DH 34
    Married since 2008
  • Welcome and I hope your stay here is short! I can't speak for using The Bump on a PC, but with mobile my reply feature hasn't worked so I have to type out @ and the user name.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Thanks @virginiaham! Hopefully that worked :) It seems kinda tedious, right? I am used to IG where it kind of autofills for you haha.
    Me 34 - DH 34
    Married since 2008
  • @RaeFrog82 it worked :)  Ugh, I have yet to leave my honest review of TB's mobile app hahaha.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017