July 2015 Moms
Options

First period after baby

Hi ladies- curious as to your experiences with your first period after having LO.
After 3 months of pumping and supplementing for little one, I stopped pumping and around the same time got an IUD. Got my period about a week later and have had a semi period since. It was heavy at first and then just been very lite but still there just enough to be annoying the past few weeks. (Sorry if tmi) I'm not overtly concerned but now it's annoying that I'm on the birth control and this is still going on.
Appreciate your feedback!

Re: First period after baby

• Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited November 2015
    No advice here, but I do know it takes our body up to a year to go back to normal. Hoping its less than that!
  • Options
    After I got my IUD I spotted annoyingly and then it came out! I think it's normal stop spot w and IUD but worth asking the dr about if it lasts more than 4 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Which IUD do you have, just curious
  • Options
    I'm curious what IUD you have too. I know that one is where the side effect is bad cramps and one is where you get bad bleeding for the first 6 months. I'm wondering if that's the one you have. That's the one I chose, the bleeding one because i have light flow and I figured it wouldn't be too bad and so far it is great. Not too much bleeding. I think it is called...mirena. Also, it might be that the IUD isn't in the right place or it moved and that could be causing you to bleed. If you have concerns, call the doctor! And get a check up! Good luck! Oh and the boyfriend brief underwear style are a lifesaver!!! Holds the pads and keeps you looking good ;)
  • Options
    Probably a side effect of your IUD. I opted out of them for many reasons but that being one of them. My cousin had one and had horrible discharge and bleeding for an entire month (she had it removed as soon as she could).