November 2015 Moms
Options

Christmas Gifts

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, correct me if I'm wrong.

Since the baby is due so close to Christmas, I was planning on making gifts for family members using her footprints. I've seen a ton on Pinterest, like a picture saying "I <3 You" with two footprints as the heart. Anyone else thinking about doing this? Any suggestions?
Baby number 1 on the way!

Re: Christmas Gifts

• Options
    Mugs, platters, and a simple canvas or nice scrapbook paper in a frame with a cute footprint idea are great gifts! And most supplies you can find at the dollar store. We are doing the same thing for the grandparents because they don't want us buying big gifts this year.
  • Options
    We are hoping to give the grandparents newborn pictures for Christmas. I want to get a canvas of one shot and then a few prints.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:

We are hoping to give the grandparents newborn pictures for Christmas. I want to get a canvas of one shot and then a few prints.

We're also giving newborn pics...doing them myself and I'm super nervous. I did our announcement pics, but I'm scared that I'll have a gigantic fail on my hands and have to hire someone last minute.
  • Options
    We're gonna do some footprint stuff for the grandparents. One I liked on Pinterest was an ornament with the footprints with the birth details. There's a pottery place here in town that does stuff like that..ornaments, platters, and stuff....that were gonna go to.
  • Options
    the only tip I've heard is try not to do any prints with baby's hands, just because they have a tendency to ball them into fists and it can be time consuming and frustrating. 
  • Options
    My sister owns a paint your own pottery studio so I have lots of ideas for Christmas gifts! We are planning on making gifts for all the grandparents and a keepsake for ourselves. As PP said hand prints are harder to do than foot prints because babies like to make fists. There's lots of cute ideas. I attached a couple pictures of projects customers have done that I love! We were able to get a decent hand print on the frame but it is more difficult than feet.
  • Options
    We have a ton of frames from our wedding that are double panes of glass. We will Def do 1 side baby pic, 1 side cute prints of feet ... or even just on the glass itself. Ha.

Christmas will definitely be sticking to basics and what I purchase online. I don't forsee many shopping trips with a girl less than a month old! :D
  • Options

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, correct me if I'm wrong.

Since the baby is due so close to Christmas, I was planning on making gifts for family members using her footprints. I've seen a ton on Pinterest, like a picture saying "I <3 You" with two footprints as the heart. Anyone else thinking about doing this? Any suggestions?
    You're in MI right? Look up a place called Captured in Clay. She travels the state and makes these really cool foot and hand print tiles. We had some made with my daughter at 3 months old. And we have an appointment scheduled the 2nd week of December to make some with this baby. Hopefully he will be here by then! The grandmas loved them and we love the ones we have too.
  • Options
    We thought about doing the same. Buy Buy Baby has a cute set in white, pink, or blue.
    We have bought frames at Kohl's and are doing the generation pictures. In the middle of the frame, you can add the family initials.
  • Options
    I think we are doing stamps of her feet to make little reindeer as part of our Christmas cards/birth announcements. I just realized I should probably go find some ink...

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21

• Options
    J.C. penny's offers 30% off Christmas photo setting for new borns during the month of November. U can also print a coupon off line for another 15% OFF that what we'll be doing this year.
  • Options
    We'll be getting photo books printed for all of the family, or maybe calendars if I'm feeling extra creative :)
  • Options
    With DD, she was born in November, we did grandparent brag books with her name engraved on it and her newborn pictures. I'm thinking I'll do the same with this baby.
  • Options
    I am thinking about doing footprints and handprints for grandparents too. I think they will love it.
  • Options
    Pretty sure this is the last grand baby on both sides, neither are much for keepsakes so we'll probably just do pictures
  • Options

For the grandparents, we're planning on getting a kit to make ornaments out of clay with an imprint of baby's footprint- something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Hanging-Keepsake-Handprint-Footprint-Ornament/dp/B0017LCZEU/ref=sr_1_1/179-0828465-0807132?ie=UTF8&qid=1446498503&sr=8-1&keywords=footprint+ornament 

We'll probably paint something on it with a paint pen and use Christmas colored ribbon for the hanger. It's the first grandbaby on both sides, so I have no doubt the little footprints will evoke tears from the grandmas :)

Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*