TTC After a Loss
Options

What do you wish you asked at follow up appointment? Multiple losses, children mentioned

Or what questions are you glad you asked? I feel clueless. We just had our second loss. First was a natural m/c at 6 weeks, this one was a D&C after no heartbeat at 11.5 weeks.  The baby measured on target so it must have just happened. I never had a follow up after our first loss and we were able to have one child after it (2 before).  I know we want to wait until after Christmas to try/if we try again.  I'm really scared to think about going through this again.  I just don't know what to ask or if I should push for any testing when I go to my next appointment.  Thanks for your responses.   

Re: What do you wish you asked at follow up appointment? Multiple losses, children mentioned

• Options
    I am definitely happy I asked for testing after my second loss (I had two in a row six months apart ttc #1) they might be a little resistant for you since yours are not consecutive and you have had successful pregnancies - but if you want testing done and money isn't an issue just stick your foot down and insist on testing or get a second opinion from another doctor. When is your follow up?
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I go back in 2 weeks. It's a new doctor and new practice; we met the doctor only right before the D&C so I'm not even sure how I feel about him. We were hoping they would test the baby for problems but he didn't feel it was necessary. I don't know if I should have pushed for it anyway :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was the case for me too - I met my dr right before my first D&C and I was so nervous I wouldn't like her at my follow up appointment but she turned out to be great.

I didn't have testing on the tissue from either of my D&Cs and I'm ok with that. It can be very ($1000's) expensive and I wasn't sure my insurance would cover it, and sometimes it's all maternal tissue that gets sent so it wasn't worth the financial risk to me.

FX you have a good appointment.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Thank you, that makes me feel better about it. We just didn't have any time to research and figure out what we wanted.
  • Options
    I was glad that I asked my OB if I would receive any different type of care (i.e. an early scan) during my next pregnancy. She assured me that she would see me as often and early as I wanted and would do an early heartbeat check too.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016