Breastfeeding
Options

Couple Questions

How long does your LO breastfeed for and how do you know when they're done?
My LO is 3 weeks and we still spend about an hour breastfeeding. He's still falling asleep at the breast almost every time and will stay on forever if I let him...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Couple Questions

• Options
    I have some oversupply issues so we only feed on one side and it is typically anywhere from 10-25 mins.

Sometimes she pops off by herself, other times she just stops sucking. Sometimes she will clearly be sucking for comfort (don't hear any real swallowing) and I will force her off and replace with the pacifier.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    My little guy is 16 weeks now and only feeds for 5-7 minutes each side. When he was younger (that sounds weird!) he would eat about 30 minutes at a time. He would also stay on my boob all day if I let him. I would start trying to take him off after about 15 minutes. If he was still frantically looking for my boob I'd leave him on longer. I was never very good at hearing him swallow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    An hour is totally normal at that age, as is falling asleep. It's hard work, being so tiny! I think I spent the first two months hooked up either to a pump or trying to nurse.