October 2015 Moms

Feeding out and about

Help!!
How do people prepare for outings with their little ones. I have an 8 day old and I'm stressing about taking her out and how I'm going to feed her. I have the tommee tippee bottles and the little power containers. Read several different things but confused myself....doesn't take a lot at the minute!!
Thank you :)

Re: Feeding out and about

• If you're bf I wouldn't recommend a bottle so early until at least 3-4 weeks which is what my pediatrician advised me of. I used to bring a blanket with me on outings and cover up to nurse. Its a little awkward at first but it gets easier. Not sure if that was what you were asking but hopefully it helps.
  • If you're using formula (I'm guessing you are because you mentioned the powder containers) I know the hospital told us that infants should use the already prepared formula or the formula concentrate (which is already prepared as well, you just thin it out with water) for the first few weeks of their life. This should make your outings easier.
    I EBF so whenever baby has to eat I just sit down and feed her. I don't use a cover, but I'm also not letting my boobs flap around either.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is almost 4 weeks old and I still buy some of the Enfamil nursettes which are ready to feed. I throw a couple into the diaper bag for when we are out. Otherwise I'll carry a couple of bottles of bottled water with the powder container and make a bottle real quick.
  • We just bring a bottle with room temp water and the powder in a container and mix at the table!

• I worry about this with breast feeding and my LO struggles latching to me so I use a shield and sometimes it's awkward and I fumble around. It's hard to keep covered, keep the shield in place, and situate the baby. I haven't been out much but I nursed in my car before going into the store or asked to use a room at the doctors before I ran errands. Not sure what I will do when he's screaming mad I the middle of a public place as I'm not comfortable nursing in the open.
  • Thank you for your advice :) I am unable to breast feed really wish I could :( so have to formula feed but thank you!! I'll get some premade bottles :)