July 2016 Moms

Bought Anything Yet?

I know it's early, but has anyone done any shopping for your little one? Since my due date is July 4th (at least according to this website), I really want to buy a cute patriotic onesie! This whole thing doesn't quite seem real yet, and I know I have the better part of a year to wait, but it's just exciting. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bought Anything Yet?

• We bought one adorable onesie with a fox pattern on it. And a beautiful photo album/keepsake book called The Story of You. The book is so thoughtfully and beautifully made, and we've already filled in a few entries:

I think we'll wait a few more weeks before buying anything else :)
  • noelietrexnoelietrex member
    edited October 2015
    Confession: bought 5 plain white newborn onesies at target today for $10. Plain white onesies are my favorite.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a patriotic little newborn dress (girl) and tank top (boy) at JC Penny's a few weeks ago. They were in the clearance section for $1 and super cute!! DH thought I was crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I wish! I would but my DH would probably be irritated I'm spending money on the baby this early. Normally I don't buy anything until I know if it's a boy or girl. Makes it seem more real then.
  • I haven't bought anything yet for the baby, but I'm seriously considering some maternity clothes.
    These jeans at Ann Taylor Loft are super-cute:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I haven't bought anything yet but my parents went out the day after we told them and bought 3 onsie sets lol
  • I kept most of the bigger items from DS, but I am thinking of saving up for a baby swing and a good pregnancy pillow.
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • I bought a blankie and Baby on Board sign but that was to surprise DH, we're keeping it of course :) Nothing else for baby, I want to wait a few more weeks as I haven't seen anything gender neutral that I like. I want to buy the belly stickers with the weeks for pictures and a mommy-to-be diary. I did buy maternity jeans and a belly band since I'm soooo bloated I'm not buttoning up my jeans anymore.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I looked at cribs online yesterday at work, holy goodness expensive. It did help me decide to really start putting more money away into out joint savings account. 

I did just buy 6 kid books because I couldn't help myself. I bought two before we even started trying, baby's libarry is going to be awesome! :)

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a pack of onsies a few months ago which I used while telling DH I was pregnant. So far that is all, I'm going to try to hold off for awhile and save for the major stuff first. :) but boy do I want to buy everything!!!
  • Before we even were ready to do off BCP we bought some superman bibs and passies. DH is a huge superman fan. I'm waiting to see what comes out of black Friday for cribs, swings, strollers etc. My in laws are fairly wealthy I have a feeling they'll buy the $400 stroller I want! Our wedding shower was nuts, this shower will be insane! This is my MILs first grand child.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a real bedroom set with a twin bed frame and stashing the frame in the basement. I don't like the grow with me cribs as beds, but as cribs they're beautiful.

Ugh there's so much that is needed and is not. For the books, a friend told me about a shower she went to where the person asked for books with a message written inside instead of a card.
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Since this is #2 for me i have a ton of stuff all ready so i probably wont buy anything until i find out the sex but i did buy big sister and getting ready for a new baby books to read to my daughter. 
  • I have bought a maternity winter coat but that's it!
  • Baby #4 for us. Unless this one is a girl we won't need to buy anything.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • i haven't yet... I want to, but am holding off until my first doctors appointment on the 13th! 2 weeks is SO LONG to wait! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • We bought a pair of freshly picked moccasins and an Oregon duck hat/mitten set and a stuffed bunny from Nordstrom (damn that wonderful store). Nothing for me yet! I have my eye on a Burberry diaper bag but I know it's early!
  • I looked at cribs online yesterday at work, holy goodness expensive. It did help me decide to really start putting more money away into out joint savings account. 

I did just buy 6 kid books because I couldn't help myself. I bought two before we even started trying, baby's libarry is going to be awesome! :)

I love this! I'll admit, I'm going to be devastated if my kid hates reading. I hung on to a lot of the kids books my brother and I grew up with (Mercer Meyer, Robert Munsch, The Berestein Bears) and I've picked up a few more already here and there. Some of my fondest memories are of my mom reading to me when I was little, and I want my child to have that love of reading as well. 

I love this! I'll admit, I'm going to be devastated if my kid hates reading. I hung on to a lot of the kids books my brother and I grew up with (Mercer Meyer, Robert Munsch, The Berestein Bears) and I've picked up a few more already here and there. Some of my fondest memories are of my mom reading to me when I was little, and I want my child to have that love of reading as well. 

Yeah, that's one of my worst fears as well. I have a bunch from when I was little, old school Disney books and the like. I swear I bought one just because I'm excited to look at it. It's call the House that Mouse Built. The pictures look amazing.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ive bought bottles,onesies, and jeans i found on clearence and shoes, we are waiting for a little while to get more things. We are so excited, we cant help ourselves. Lol
  • Cheer868811Cheer868811 member
    edited October 2015
    When I was pregnant with my son I started buying right away and didn't use a lot of it. This time I am really trying to wait until we find out the gender. Not sure if I will be able to hold out though :)
  • Has anyone found black Friday to have good deals on the big expensive stuff? The little stuff I'll wait for the shower but furniture or cribs or strollers?

I am currently waiting to find out if a friend of a friend still wants their spaceship like baby bouncer by 4moms. DH wants this thing so badly and it's kind of extravagant to ask for in a registry
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• We got little shoes for our pictures to announce the pregancy! That's it so far and it's awesome we have the same due date!
  • A pregnancy book, and we got a "made with aloha" onesie when we were in Hawaii (where we conceived) that we will use to tell our families. I will probably go buy a bellaband next weekend .

I'm the same, one of my #1 concerns is making sure I instill a love of reading into our kid. My family is a bunch of voracious readers, H's not so much, although he ended up being an English teacher anyway. 

I bought some baby blankets and used them to wrap grandma and grandpa mugs to surprise his parents with. I want to have a lamb theme for our baby stuff, so when I saw some blankets with sheep on them, had to have them. And now his mom is excited to give us a bunch of stuff and gave us a really beautiful crochet (I think?) blanket that her mom made for H when he was a baby. She also bought a rocking horse looong before we were knocked up, lol. 
  • We bought one adorable onesie with a fox pattern on it. And a beautiful photo album/keepsake book called The Story of You. The book is so thoughtfully and beautifully made, and we've already filled in a few entries:

I think we'll wait a few more weeks before buying anything else :)
    That's so cute! I'd like to buy a nice pregnancy/baby book, but I think that one is out of my price range. Anybody have any other suggestions?