Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Cleared by doctor for sex- now bleeding tmi

Hi - so I was cleared by my doctor to have sex again at my post d and c appt on Tuesday . I was still spotting but the doctor said my cervix was closed and bleeding should stop . I didn't fee ready until last night so we had sex - we were drunk and he forgot to pull out - were not supposed to Ttc until after - cycle. Anyway , this morning I woke up with bright red blood in my underwear and on sheets .
I tried looking online but didn't get any answers about what it could be -
Ovulation bleeding , period , or more blooded from d and c and whether it's normal or not .
Has anybody experienced bleeding after having sex for first time post d and c ?

Re: Cleared by doctor for sex- now bleeding tmi

• Options
    I didn't experience any bleeding after first time after d&c but I had already stopped bleeding a week by then
  • Options
    Hmm ok thanks. I took a pregnancy test to see if it was negative so maybe it would be my period but it was a raging positive . Like so dark it pulled from the control line . Pretty much the same as before th d and c - so I guess period is ruled out . Has this happened to anybody else ? I'm worried I have tissue left because of the bleeding and pregnancy test results.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Your cervix can be extremely sensitive after a loss, and especially after a D&C. My guess would be that the bleeding was from irritating your cervix during sex or lingering bleeding from the loss/D&C.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    Thanks . Yea my doctor said he wasn't worried about retained tissue . I just wish this would be over with already ! Thank you for responding z I love your user name by the way ! Read all the books and my pup is named arya bark !
  • Options
    Thanks! Love your pups name!!

I hope this ends for you soon.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!