Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What's next?

I went for my 8w4d ultrasound to find out that my baby didn't have a heartbeat. My doc scheduled me for a d& c the next week and I'm almost 2 weeks out from my d&c and I'm still bleeding lightly but all day and heavier at night. My boobs are still terribly sore and I took a pregnancy test today and it's still showing positive. How is this possible? I thought the d&c would be the signal to my body that the baby is no longer in there why is it sill dragging this awfulness out?? I go to the dr tomorrow but just wondered if anyone could possibly help with any of this? Thanks and I'm so sorry that any of us are here.

Re: What's next?

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Unfortunately it will take your HCG a while to drop following your D&C.  Therefore, pregnancy tests may continue to be positive.  Your doctor should be checking your HCG to make sure it's dropping/going to zero.  For some this happens quickly and for others it takes longer.  Occasionally, some tissue from the pregnancy doesn't make it out during the D&C and the HCG can remain elevated because of this.  Your doctor should be able to give you more information about your specific situation at your appointment tomorrow.  Good luck!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. After my d&c, I only rested for a day, then had to keep myself busy. I was bleeding a light to moderate amount. Three days out, I went on a little hike with my family and that night had two hours of contractions and passed some tissue. Then the contractions stopped. The bleeding tapered off after that. Hopefully your doctor does an internal ultrasound if you are still having these problems because it sounds like you have retained tissue. Until that is out, you will continue to have positive hpt tests and bleed, unfortunately. Hopefully you get some answers today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to my dr and he said everything I'm experiencing is normal. It should take about 2 more weeks before my body realizes that I'm not pregnant. The bleeding will subside
    And then I will have a nasty period. He didn't do any test or scans but said to call if I have any problems. I haven't experienced any contractions or cramping at all so maybe that's why it's taking a little longer to remove all the lining. Best wishes to all of you.
  • Options
    The punches keep coming:( a week after my d&c our puppy ran out into the road and was hit by a farm disc. She was still alive so I rushed her to the emergency vet and They thought they stabilized her so we left only to get a call at 10:30 that night that she died. Now 2 week later I have a bladder infection and a damn kidney stone trying to pass. Feeling very overwhelmed with life right now. Just needed to vent. Thanks
  • Options
    @Becid24 I am so sorry. That is absolutely terrible. It makes me so sad to think of something happening to a fur baby on top of a pregnancy loss. Sometimes when it rains, it pours. We just had a relative pass away. This person had been sick for awhile, but just so awful for it to finally happen the same week as our second mc. I don't know why life is like this sometimes. I'm sorry you are going through so much. I hope things start looking up for you very soon. <3 
  • Options
    Thank you, so sorry for your losses also. Today would have been our puppy's first birthday. It just really stinks!
  • Options
    @Becid24 I am so sorry for your recent loss and about your fur baby. This life sometimes can be a real b#%ch.I am going through my second mmc...again. I am really angry right now. It happened very similarly, we found out at our second u/s 9-10 week mark, no HB. The doc and everyone that knew was very shocked. Anyway, hopefully we can get some answers.

I guess what I am trying to say is, life can throw you curve balls and we have to be strong as best as possible. Please PM me know if you want to talk. We can do this!

@marie2409 I am very sorry about your two losses and also about your relative. How are you doing now?
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @klauerinaking I'm am so sorry you are experiencing this pain for a second time. I honestly can't imagine. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry your having such a rough time right now. Make sure you take time to rest and heal and get enough support while you grieve the losses . I hope you feel better soon . I had a kidney stone and they suck . Things will get better . Praying for you .