July 2016 Moms

The early days are nerve wracking!

I swear the first few weeks could drive a person nuts!   After the TWW anxiety, then it's:

Is this just chemical?
Is it going to be a blighted ovum?
Will there be a heartbeat?
Etc. etc.

This is my second time (first was a loss on Valentine's Day/DH's birthday).  Not sure if it's better or worse than the first time.

I had my first labs Thursday.  HCG was 73, progesterone was low at 9.6.  Got supplements & go back again for repeat next week.  The waiting/anxiety cycle will be loads of fun the next few days.

Anyone have any tips for staying calm/positive?!  I'm not a yoga kind of girl.  LOL.  I miss wine.  Wine would be good.
****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: The early days are nerve wracking!

• I totally understand how your feeling!  DH and I have been trying for over 2 years, and getting through the IVF milestones for me has been tough.  Everyone is so excited and I'm just taking it one day at a time.   For me, I have been visualizing myself in the delivery room holding my baby and it seems to calm me down
  • They are nerve wracking! This is our first time, and until we see the doctor (2 weeks from today!) and hopefully get to see something on an ultra sound, it seems surreal. I'm definitely experiencing symptoms which lead me to believe all is well (exhaustion, nausea, sore breasts, bloating) but I find it crazy that my Dr. didn't even want to see us to confirm anything or at least do blood work?! I guess they figure the body knows what its doing, but it baffles me. I said to my husband, they just leave us flying blind!! We don't know what we're doing!?! But I guess they do and know that all will be fine until week 8 or so when they check in! 

Best of luck to you and try not to stress too much...if you really miss wine (I DO!) I bought Fre (alcohol free wine) its made by Sutter home and they sell it at our local liquor store... it helps to be able to pour a glass and sip - mentally tricking myself into believing its real! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Loading the player...
  • Is the Fre any good?  I've wondered about it.  I've been making my self a seltzer + juice "mocktail" but it's not the same.  
    ****TW****

• Is the Fre any good?  I've wondered about it.  I've been making my self a seltzer + juice "mocktail" but it's not the same.  
    ****TW****

• I'm sorry for your previous loss. It sounds like you've got things under control for the moment. All any of us can do is wait I guess... And try to focus on the fact that life is still moving along. I try to think about a few months ago when conceiving wasn't really on our minds yet. Every day was just that day. No waiting, no worrying, actually being in the moment most of the time. You're not alone in your worries though. My illogical worry is that because this is my first pregnancy it'll end in MC because they're so common, and for some reason I've got it in my head that it's some kind of right of passage. Like after you have one, you get to have a healthy baby next. I'm trying to let those thoughts go and be happy to be pregnant now. Try to enjoy the excitement, tolerate the nausea, and ball up the worries into balloons and let them float away.

Side note: my birthing center full of midwives won't even let me schedule an appointment until 8-12 weeks! They said they try for 10 in case we're off with how far along we are. So I have to wait until December before anyone will even check me out! I love my hippy dippy midwife birthing center and all their ideals, but not great for worried minds. They said they assume all is healthy and normal until there is reason to believe otherwise... Trying to be sold on it. Trying.
  • I've been a bit worried about all of those things. This is my first. 

I went for blood work today and fainted. I felt horrible, and they kept me there for half an hour while I laid down and sipped juice and periodically felt like I was fainting again. When I left I was worried about whether or not that could possibly affect the baby... I know in theory it shouldn't, but I am being irrational!
  • @MrsBinPA I've only tried 1 of their many flavors... "Moscato"  as I usually drink white. It was good, a bit too sweet, I could only stomach 2 glasses ( I poured it into a regular wine bottle & took it to book club so the ladies didn't suspect anything!) But regular Moscato wine would have the same effect on me (only a glass or two bc of the sweetness). My husband was going to the store to get me a few more types tonight (its only $5 for a full sized bottle, so I'd say its definitely worth checking out!) I will update you with how the other kinds are!

@eastereggs - I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough day! Take it easy & take care of yourself! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • I'm terrified too. I am a Bloody Mary, not yoga, believer. But of course, we can't go in that direction! Try to walk, take deep breaths, exercise, read & say your prayers! That's what I do to make myself a little less nutty!
  • @EasterEggs sorry to hear about your mishap! I'm sure it didn't have a negative effect but can understand your worry!

Thanks ladies!
    ****TW****

• It's so hard not to freak out over everything. I noticed some EWCM last night and thought that maybe that meant I wasn't making enough progesterone and estrogen was kicking in and that was going to be the end of that. Turns out that's a normal part of the uterine wall thickening. So I take it that means I should just get used to weird things coming out of me right from day 1, huh? 
  • I have the same worries. I took 7 (SEVEN!) tests at home because it seemed so surreal. Initially I was expecting a chemical pregnancy and even now I feel like I'm waiting for the miscarriage to happen. Like @noelietrex said, it seems more like a given fact than a slight possibility. I thought it was just me because we got pregnant on our first cycle of trying and it seemed too easy, like there must be a catch, but the more I read the more I realize nearly everyone has the same fears. 

We had our first appointment to confirm yesterday and it was a relief to hear my doctor say that I am pregnant, that it's not in my head. I'm 5 weeks (ish) and she said I can go for my u/s at 7 and a half. 2.5 weeks and counting. 
  • I can so relate! If you're not a yoga girl then I assume meditation is out too? I've been doing guided meditation visualizations and they seem to help. I picture myself pregnant with a big belly and then giving birth and breastfeeding. I also talk to my babe and say I love you, I can't wait to meet you. Also coming up with a positive mantra to say when those thoughts enter your head may help. Hang in there and keep us updated.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Omg. That CM makes me rush to check my bits for blood at least twice a day. I feel "boggy" down there!
    ****TW****

• I'm checking for blood every time I wipe! We've been TTC for three years, so finally getting pregnant (turns out I had celiac) seems so surreal I can't believe it. We're meeting with our midwife in a week (I'll be 6 weeks by then) but that's just an introduction. I don't think we'll do tests until much later. I'm trusting my body does know what it is doing. As far as yoga and meditation, I really do think they helped me get pregnant and now I'm relying on them to keep me sane.

• How about the fact that my symptoms are not as bad as they were to start. My bobs aren't as sore as they used to be but it still feels like I have a tazer attached to my nipple and someone pulls the trigger every now and then. The nausea isn't bad at all now and I'm starting to get light cramping.

I know it's still sure early and risk of Mc is super low, but there is too much info on the Internet and it makes me think I'm dying or having a mc. Augh the stress!
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• BioTeach84BioTeach84 member
    edited October 2015
    My symptoms have lessened too @ijstarr28 It sounds like it's pretty normal. I absolutely love coffee and It has tasted disgusting to me the last 3 days though
  • My symptoms have lessened too @ijstarr28 It sounds like it's pretty normal. I absolutely love coffee and It has tasted disgusting to me the last 3 days though

Good to know someone else is having the same thing. I feel like there is plenty of time for things to get worse!
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• This is my second pregnancy but feel like it is my first - my brain seems to have scrapped all recollection of symptoms in my previous first trimester! Pleased others are experiencing EWCM as I had this today and was like wtf!

It still hasn't sunk in yet that I am pregnant however I am finding myself on Google too much looking up every twinge and symptom and then working myself into a panic - I need to stay away!!

My first appointment isn't until 23rd November - it feels SO far away :-w
  • I don't have a ton on symptoms either. I had cramping near constant a few days this week but it seems to be infrequent now. My biggest complaint is headache! I only drank 1 8oz cup of coffee before and have switched to half calf so I don't think it is withdrawal. I wish my nipples were sore. I think it might give me peace of mind.
    ****TW****

• I'm glad I'm not alone. I have taken 7 tests, all positive but all faint. My hubby got mad at me for testing again today saying my stress is going to hurt the baby. Wrong thing to say... So, thanks everyone for making me feel like I'm not crazy for worrying about this pregnancy. This is my first and only took two cycles. Seemed too easy so there must be a catch, right? ;)
  • Anyone who doesn't like yoga or meditation- I bought one of the adult coloring books. They're actually super relaxing and supposedly have similar effects to meditation! Coloring LOL who knew? Glad I'm not the only irrational one. 6 tests and counting...
  • If you are scared every time you wipe, we are in the same boat. I've become a little maniac. My symptoms are pretty consistent- intermittent cramping (tolerable), light breast tenderness, but MAJOR heartburn. Burping like a guy. I had some nausea earlier but again, tolerable. I'm 5w1d & a nervous wreck. I'd exercise but I broke my foot two weeks ago so that stress relief option is nil for a few weeks. I am just trying to read, breathe & say my prayers for us all :)
  • It doesn't seem real yet! Besides bloating, sore breast and fatigue I really don't have anything our second apt (after getting the pregancy confirmed) is Nov 25!
  • MrsBinPA said:
    I swear the first few weeks could drive a person nuts!   After the TWW anxiety, then it's:

Is this just chemical?
    Is it going to be a blighted ovum?
    Will there be a heartbeat?
    Etc. etc.

This is my second time (first was a loss on Valentine's Day/DH's birthday).  Not sure if it's better or worse than the first time.

I had my first labs Thursday.  HCG was 73, progesterone was low at 9.6.  Got supplements & go back again for repeat next week.  The waiting/anxiety cycle will be loads of fun the next few days.

Anyone have any tips for staying calm/positive?!  I'm not a yoga kind of girl.  LOL.  I miss wine.  Wine would be good.
    I really thought the waiting would improve if I ever got a BFP. I was so wrong. I'm pretty sure I worry now way more than I did during any TWW.

Like you said, @MrsBinPA, now the worrying is about whether or not everything is okay in there. It's so hard having no idea whatsoever is going on and knowing that even if I did know there is nothing I could do about it. I'm so terrified that I'll get to the 8w appointment/ultrasound and there won't be a baby just a blighted ovum or there won't be a heartbeat or whatever. It isn't exactly helping my fears that I've barely had any symptoms at all and I'm 5w5d.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2015
    This is baby #4 and I still get nervous over every little twinge. It does get a little better as you get further along and can feel the baby move, but for the most part the worry never completely goes away. Then you have a newb with a whole new set of worries. Parenting can be terrifying but absolutely worth it!!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @noelietrex The coloring books are a great idea! I have one that I take with me when I fly. They are wonderful!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker