July 2015 Moms
Options

Losing hair?! :/ (me not baby)

Any other mammas out there losing hair?? I feel like I could make a wig out of the hair that's been falling out of my head these last 2 weeks (I'm 17 weeks pp) I've never really been a huge shedder so this is new and different to me...I'm starting to worry I might go bald :/

Re: Losing hair?! :/ (me not baby)

• Options
    I think it's normal. You're body doesn't shed hair during pregnancy. My hair dresser warned me about this!
  • Options
    I've been wanting to post about this too! I loose so much hair every day I'm amazed I still have hair on my head. I was wondering how long does it last? I'm 17 weeks PP also.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I said the same thing about making a wig to my husband yesterday! I guess it is normal but I can't wait for it to stop.
  • Options
    I have to clean my shower drain out everyday or the water won't drain from so much hair. It's terrible. I too am wondering how long it lasts and will does it grow back? It's been going on for a few weeks already.
  • Options
    I'm losing a ton of hair every day. I thought taking prenatals would help, but it's coming out in clumps!
  • Options
    Same! I should be bald by Christmas!
  • Options
    It's totally normal to lose hair after pregnancy. I've been shedding huge amounts since a few days after giving birth (now 17 weeks). It's finally starting to slow down and grow back. I look awful with all the short hairs growing and sticking up around my head. With my first child, I finally started to feel like my hair was back around 18 months... Right when I got pregnant with my second baby! This too shall pass.
  • Options
    Yes. Same. I swear I have more weird side effects post baby as opposed to when I was prego!
  • Options
    Yes me too, my husband jokes saying he consumes at least an ounze of my hair a week... He's coming but even if I put it up and change my shirt it ends up in the food. So frustrating!! But yeah I read it was normal and happens approx 3 months PP. So pregnancy makes your hair growth faster and so pretty and then PP makes you lose it so not fair lol
  • Options
    I noticed I was losing a lot of hair, now it makes sense!

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    Same here...it's embarrassing how much hair I've been losing. I actually got my hair done yesterday, and the lady that does my hair said it's completely normal. She said pre pregnancy you lose an average of 50-100 hairs a day. That stops when your pregnant so post pregnancy, typically a couple months as your your hormones are going back to normal, you lose all the hair you didn't shred, up to 500 hairs a day! It takes a few weeks for your body to go back to normal but she said once that happens you'll stop losing all the hair.
  • Options
    Totally normal! You don't shed really when preggo so you lose all the hair you would've shed during those months. I went through this with my first also. I posted a thread about it awhile ago but maybe it wasn't happening to too many yet. I'm 17 weeks pp and it started for me about 6-8 weeks pp. Like the pp said I'm at the point where I have little hairs sticking out around my hairline lol. I can't wait for it to all go back to normal!!
  • Options
    Yup tons of it , even getting a receding hairline that looks great when my hair is in a pony tail !