April 2016 Moms

Weight on the tummy

Anyone else have younger children (2-3 years old) that always sit or accidentally hit your stomach? I'm about 15 weeks and it always worries me

Re: Weight on the tummy

• (Raises hand). There's enough protection in our bellies and in the uterus that unless you're talking like a kid canon balling into you, I think we're fine.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Yes! We are working with Dd that she needs to be careful but at 2.5 she doesn't know....
  • Loading the player...
  • *raises hand*
    DD is 22 months and she just doesn't get it so I feel like I am always watching for a sneak attack.
  • My 15 lb weenie dogs are always jumping right there. Does that count?
  • You should be just fine. Baby's tucked in toasty tight in your uterus. My kids have been all over my belly through all of my pregnancies and no problems.
    Mine too! (17 lb shih tzu mix) Most of the time, though, she just rests her head on it while laying on my lap. Which is cute as hell.
  • My 18 month old jumped right on the baby the other day and it really hurt. I was worried about it but have felt the baby move since so I think all is well. Definitely a lot more careful after he did that lol

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • I wouldn't worry about baby at all, but it won't feel good for you! I'm working really hard to teach DD (16 mo) to bounce on our couch pillows instead of people :)
    Anniversary 
  • Thanks ladies! I feel better!
  • Yeeeeees. Sometimes it really freaks me out, even though I know the baby it's fine. We keep trying to tell her that she's hurting mommy (so she doesn't have negative emotions towards the baby for not being able to play how she wants) but she doesn't really get it...sigh.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I've got a 44lb almost-5-yo DS and a 50lb Dalmatian who are like two bulls in a china shop. My dal is still a pup and jumping is an issue. I'm not too worried about it currently, I try to redirect both of them as much as possible. DS still doesn't know about baby but I think he will be more gentle then. Maybe.

My wiener is smaller than yours at 10 pounds but he does the same. It's where he sleeps and sometimes launches off of before I can grab him
  • I have a student who lovingly runs into my stomach headfirst all the time. Sweet darling little girl, but damn it hurts! I haven't told this particular school I'm pregnant yet, so I've just started turning my hip into her.
  • jonesl12 said:

My 15 lb weenie dogs are always jumping right there. Does that count?

My wiener is smaller than yours at 10 pounds but he does the same. It's where he sleeps and sometimes launches off of before I can grab him
    My ex had two of these dogs and they LOVED using my chest and belly as a springboard. Not so awesome when you're napping! Can't say my GSD/lab mix now is much better - she thinks she's a cat the way she crawls on the couch :/
  • My DD still hangs out on my and I still carry her . I'll worry about it if it becomes uncomfortable. My body will let me know what's not okay. I think.
  • fadzaidecefadzaidece member
    edited November 2015
  • My son has been going through a kicking-me-in-the-stomach-while-he's-on-the-changing-table phase. Baby should be protected and I always just tell him No. I think we are ok!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• My pit/lab mix is a big jumper when he's excited (read: when its time for a walk) but interestingly since I've been pregnant he has been more calm than usual around me. He's also gotten a lot more snuggly and loves to lay next to me with his head right on my belly. I worried at first that his huge head was crushing the baby but I think I'm just paranoid!

• Thank you for feedback! I have a 3 year old and 2 year old that always want to sit on me and bounce!!