December 2015 Moms

Strange question but have to ask

This has to be the weirdest post I've ever posted on here but I'm really curious to see if anyone else has experienced this "problem."  One side of my vagina is HUGE - seriously swollen (not due to shaving/inflammation for sure).  The other side looks totally normal.  Sometimes when I first wake up in the mornings I feel a general achy feeling down there but it goes away after I get up for the day.  I did a general search and it looks like this is sort of a common problem but there seemed to be several diagnoses.  So... any ideas and is it worth a call to the Dr tomorrow?  No itch, strange discharge, etc. 

Re: Strange question but have to ask

• Maybe it has to do with all of the extra blood flow? You should definitely call just for peace of mind. Better safe than sorry right. :)
  • I've been having swollen lady bits this past week. The whole thing though lol! Doc said normal extra blood flow, especially now that our bodies are gearing up for labor. Worth it to make the call though just in case.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a varicosity to me as well
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • You can see your vag?! Magician.

This made me lol for real! Thank you @adecembermom2015 cause i have had a very crappy day.

Id marry you in a heartbeat with a sense of humour like that.
  • Sounds like a varicose vein. But worth calling your doctor if you're worried. 
  • I agree that you are indeed a magician & that it does sound like a varicose vein. If it remains the same, I'd call the office on Monday. If it gets worse/really painful call the service at your OB & let them know. I thought I had one before & read that laying down can be helpful to relieve pressure.
  • Mines the same way! One side is like literally ping pong ball size... Other is fine... Doesn't hurt feels normal actually... I planned on asking my OB Monday, I'm saying its a varicose vein! Did you find anything out if it is or not?
  • kleshelle said:
    Mines the same way! One side is like literally ping pong ball size... Other is fine... Doesn't hurt feels normal actually... I planned on asking my OB Monday, I'm saying its a varicose vein! Did you find anything out if it is or not?
    But how could you see it to get such an accurate measurement? Did you use a mirror? What type of hocus pocus did you do? I need answers.
  • Its this wonderful invention called a mirror and also my DH telling me what he can see when he was cleaning my lady bush!!