Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

End of daylight saving and BBT

With the time change tonight, is it going to affect our bbt? It would be like temping an hour later. Should I set my alarm early? I'm at a crucial time right now waiting to O and I don't want to mess up my chart

Re: End of daylight saving and BBT

• Options
    I'm having a similar issue in that we are going out to a party tonight and will probably be home late. I don't know if I should temp at my normal time (which is really an extra hour because of the change), or wait for 3 hours of consecutive sleep. My plan at this point is to HIO before we go and cover my bases and see if my chart will settle out over the next couple days. Not perfect, but that's life.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    What I plan on doing is temping a half hour "early" and then going to my regular time on Monday. I usually temp at 5:20 and will temp at 5:50 tomorrow AM (which is actually 4:50 to my brain) and then go back to 5:20 on Monday.

This issue is addressed in TCOYF in regards to travel and time zone changes and they say it only makes a difference on the day it happens, but if you don't see a huge temp shift, it can be hard to see.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just read the FF advice on this last night! They say if you usually temp at 6 am, keep temping at 6 am even after and on the day of the DST time change. It may throw the temp off for one day but your body will readjust quickly, and you can keep your normal schedule.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My average ovulation day is supposedly tomorrow too- I decided to just temp at 5 am as usual even though it is an hour off with daylight savings. I think you could temp at normal time (an hour early after the change) for a few days if you wanted until after you confirmed o?
    Me: 28 - DH: 33
    Married: Sept. 2012
    Began TTC #1: Jan. 2015
    BFP #1: July 2015, EDD 3/7/2016, Blighted Ovum, D&C at 12 weeks
    BFP #2: December 2015, EDD 8/27/2016, Blighted Ovum, D&C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: August 2016, EDD 4/23/2017, Missed MC, D&C at 8 weeks
    BFP #4: January 2017, EDD 9/26/2017
  • Options
    As pp said, FF says to temp at the normal time.