January 2016 Moms

FFFC

Flame free Friday confession, warning not always flame free.
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: FFFC

• Had to move in with MIL while we wait for the keys to the house we're buying. I really appreciate it, but she was the one who invited us and told us to skip the month of apartment rent. Now that we're here, she acts like everything that she does- from grocery shopping to laundry (I do all of our laundry, by the way) is all because we're here and is just SUCH a hassle.

Anyway, DH vacuumed the entire house today because he doesn't want her to complain about our "mess" and I honestly wiped down one counter that I had gotten messy and called it a day. I know it's completely spiteful, but I honestly have no desire to help after every bit of help I've done in the last week has been ignored and things that aren't my fault have been blamed on me and my daughter.

Just feeling lazy and spiteful and not ashamed of it at all.
  • So I never meant to be a judgy mom, but I was today. I don't understand why parents agree to do stuff at/for the school and then not do it. Don't sign up and volunteer if you aren't actually going to.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • @Emott13 I love my MIL and think she is one of the best people in the world. But we lived with them before we got our house and there are some things I wouldn't do. If me or her husband would load the dishwasher she would unload and reload it. Only my husband and her did it right. I told DH he is doing that stuff because I'm not wasting my time for her to redo it.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • I can't stand that Whitney woman on TLC - the "fat and proud" woman with her own show about how fat and proud she is. Please don't get me wrong. I'm fat. Like fat, fat. And I'm ok with it. But I don't throw it in everyone's face how comfortable I am with myself. The way this Whitney does it seems so phoney and forced. I believe you can show the world how comfortable you are by just being a normal person... not bringing up how "fat and fabulous" you are in every conversation.

I'm sorry if this offends anybody. I just had to get this off my chest!
  • MrsB915MrsB915 member
    edited October 2015
    I love my cats but sometimes I wish I didn't have them. We have three and they drive me crazy. All of a sudden they think it is ok to sleep on the counters or table, and the shedding, the whining. My almost 18 year old cat sneezes man sized snot rockets all over the house all day! They make more of a mess than my toddler.

I'd never get rid of them, they are family and we chose to have them knowing full well that we'd have children. I love them all and I'd be devastated if anything happened to them but some days I just wish we didn't have them!

*Let the flaming begin :(
  • @MrsB915, we had a older cat who produced snot like yours. He passed away about 5 years ago and I still occasionally find random dried patches around the back of furniture that won't come off! I totally understand where you are coming from.
  • @MrsB915 no need to feel bad!! We have 4 cats and they are my first babies - rescued and bottle fed them all. They are still a pain and they drive my husband crazy sometimes to the point I can agree with the sentiment of wishing we didn't have them, sometimes. I just remind him and myself how much joy they have brought to our lives and that hey are only pestering him because they love him just SO much lol.

My confession: really not a gift grabby person but I have been stalking my registry like nobody's business. We have a baby list which is a new concept for most of the people coming to the shower and we are registered for some pretty nice stuff from stores that my family doesn't normally shop at. My shower is next weekend and only a handful of the more generic items that were available at Target have been purchased so far. I'm worried it's too late at this point for people to get things from the registry and that I'm going to end up with clothes overload and none of the important stuff. I feel so guilty about feeling this way!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • kkfl2m+b said:

@MrsB915 no need to feel bad!! We have 4 cats and they are my first babies - rescued and bottle fed them all. They are still a pain and they drive my husband crazy sometimes to the point I can agree with the sentiment of wishing we didn't have them, sometimes. I just remind him and myself how much joy they have brought to our lives and that hey are only pestering him because they love him just SO much lol.

My confession: really not a gift grabby person but I have been stalking my registry like nobody's business. We have a baby list which is a new concept for most of the people coming to the shower and we are registered for some pretty nice stuff from stores that my family doesn't normally shop at. My shower is next weekend and only a handful of the more generic items that were available at Target have been purchased so far. I'm worried it's too late at this point for people to get things from the registry and that I'm going to end up with clothes overload and none of the important stuff. I feel so guilty about feeling this way!

I feel this same way! We are already drowning in newborn clothes. Obviously we can go out and buy everything that we didn't register for, but it does make me feel antsy. It's always fun buying the clothes so I'm scared that's all I'm going to wind up with.

My UO:
    I don't really care if blue and pink are associated with a certain gender. No one is forcing me to go out and buy only blue things for my baby. I don't get why people can't just not buy pink or blue things without getting upset about it.
  • @maddisonwallace RIGHT?! I've gotten into full on arguments with my mom about this. I'm having twin girls and she's insisting that everything be pink - I've never really been a fan of pink. She told me I HAVE to wear pink to our baby shower because people will be expecting me too... can I not just wear a colour that looks good on me?

I announced on Facebook our twins were girls by photoshopping two hair bows on dinosaurs (long story). The bows happened to be green and yellow but they were clearly on top of the dino's heads... still people were totally confused and kept calling it a "teaser." No guys, they're bows on top of their heads. Think a little outside the blue and pink box here.
  • My cat is driving me crazy! If I get up at night to go to the bathroom, she meows unless I let her in the bathroom. She wakes up SO too. She also requires to sleep up against my belly under the covers at night or during naps. I love her to death, but the meowing needs to stop for the love of some guy named Bob!
  • Theliops said:

@maddisonwallace RIGHT?! I've gotten into full on arguments with my mom about this. I'm having twin girls and she's insisting that everything be pink - I've never really been a fan of pink. She told me I HAVE to wear pink to our baby shower because people will be expecting me too... can I not just wear a colour that looks good on me?

I announced on Facebook our twins were girls by photoshopping two hair bows on dinosaurs (long story). The bows happened to be green and yellow but they were clearly on top of the dino's heads... still people were totally confused and kept calling it a "teaser." No guys, they're bows on top of their heads. Think a little outside the blue and pink box here.

Exactly. I hate the color pink. My mom painted my baby room navy and white and it is STILL the most elegant room I've ever seen. My favorite color is blue. In the same breath, I'm not going to be all butt hurt and offended about all pink sections or whatever. Yeah. It's annoying. But you don't HAVE to do it. It doesn't have to turn into a massive debate. Just do buy pink or blue or don't. End of discussion.
  • I hate pink! And I hate that that it is the only option for girls. Our nursery is grey and white, lots of things I have registered for are grey and white. I've been throwing in purple where I can, but it's hard because unless you special order, it seems the only appropriate colours are pink. Ugh
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • My second baby shower (my in laws shower) is tomorrow and so far only one person has bought from our registry from my husbands side. His mom told me his family won't shop at babies r us because it's too expensive. They will go to Walmart and get what they think we need. I always go to the store of the registry and buy what's in my price range. So if I am going to spend $50, I buy $50 worth of something. I don't criticize the moms choices. I have a feeling they are going to buy me what they think I need (without even knowing what we already have) and ignore what we like, Not what we carefully picked out to fit our needs. We live in a small apt. We don't have room for a bunch of items here. So we picked a pack and play that is a bassinet, napper, play yard, and has music/vibration built in. I don't want to sound ungrateful but we don't have room for a bunch of stuff. And it annoys me that they think they know what we need more than we do. And give it up with the baby clothes. We didn't tell anyone the sex so we wouldn't get a ton of clothes. And people are literally mad at us because they can't buy the clothes. I don't get it! I have never been mad at a parent for not telling me the sex of their unborn child. None of my business.
  • Exactly what I am worried about. I don't want s million different things... We registered for multi function things for a reason!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • I'm having a girl and I like pink, but I hate walking into a baby store and literally everything for girls is pink. I've really been trying to get stuff that's purple or green or blue.
    imageimage
  • Can I add another? I'm so mad at myself for how I've been eating. I want to eat healthy but so much makes me sick. The latest thing to make me sick? Eggs. Not enough to make me throw up but I am sick to my stomach. Today I got a salad for lunch and I immediate felt nauseous. I also tried having some soup. Ugh. What is the only thing I could find that didn't make me sick? McDonald's hamburger. I NEVER eat McDonald's. Today it's all I could stomach. For breakfast I had a donut because I was out shopping and it's the only non egg item I could find. Eating causes me so much anxiety.
  • edited November 2015
    Yes! @Wicked4589 that's me too. I eat crap because that's all I feel like eating and then I really hate how huge I'm getting! I keep thinking today I'm going to make a real effort and eat better - until as you say, I think about the next meal and I can't stomach heathy - that and I am too plain exhausted to cook healthy for my 3 kids, hubby and I, so instead I bung in the oven some pizza & chips & have done! Grr :(
  • Before getting pregnant I ate healthy all the time. Over the course of two years I lost 185 lbs. I had the determination. And now it's like anything I loved before makes me ill. Chicken, lettuce, carrots, broccoli, peppers (actually have developed an allergy to jalapeños since becoming pregnant), most fruits, yogurt, eggs, the list doesn't end. Lol Carbs are my bellys friend. Oh and beef is a major craving of mine now. I can count on one hand how many times I ate beef for the two years prior to getting pregnant.
  • Scullahoo said:

I know it's far from Friday now but if my DH doesn't grow up, put his f-ing game controller down and sort out the nursery then I will kick him in the throat and shove his PlayStation so far up his ass that he will need a c section to get it back out. I've got baby clothes and equipment stacked up all over the house, the nursery needs loads of work, I spent most of the weekend cleaning and doing laundry so f-ing man up, this isn't the f-ing 1950s FFS!!!
    Apologies for the rant but my patience is wearing thin!

=))
    I totally get what you mean!! It took DH 2 weeks to assemble the cott, which was the ONLY task delegated to him!!!
  • Mine keeps finding excuses to not paint the walls..
    He's going out of the country for a week and will not let me buy the bed furniture until he returns....
    I'm in freak out mode :-(
  • mamakculbmamakculb member
    edited November 2015
    I feel your pain ladies! The process of clearing out household clutter, painting the baby's room, moving in furniture and setting it up has become a months long adventure that is really waning on my patience. Today I had a full on crying fit of a breakdown because normal non-pregnant me could have all that done in a week and I just feel like I'm drowning in this crap and getting bigger and more physically impaired by the minute. This isn't all DHs fault. He works hard all week and I hate him being busy the moment he comes home. He's used to me being an independent worker who gets it all done and who doesn't like him to get in my way. Last pregnancy I was never this tired/sore/weak/pissy/bitchy but I've had to really ask him to take on my work as well and waiting for him to have free time to do it is driving me insane. He's trying to do it all, I'm trying to be patient, but my control freak side is going crazy!! On top of that my two year old peed on my couch and scribbled in my brand new 2016 planner and I just cried like a baby over it. But hey, I finally entered my third trimester today!

Sorry for the rant, I'm gonna go indulge in Halloween candy now.

• nothing to feel ashamed of. I hate all "Prince" or "Princess" stuff too. And don't get me started on "little man". Ugh. Sometimes it's the little things that really set it off. It's ok. :)
  • MrsB915 said:

I love my cats but sometimes I wish I didn't have them. We have three and they drive me crazy. All of a sudden they think it is ok to sleep on the counters or table, and the shedding, the whining. My almost 18 year old cat sneezes man sized snot rockets all over the house all day! They make more of a mess than my toddler.

I'd never get rid of them, they are family and we chose to have them knowing full well that we'd have children. I love them all and I'd be devastated if anything happened to them but some days I just wish we didn't have them!

*Let the flaming begin :(

No flames here. My husband loves cats and after our old cat passed away, we waited about a year and went to Humane Society and got him a new cat. Except, the cat is chosen me and loves me. She wants lots of attention from me throwing herself at me and occasionally pissing on the carpet. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to her but this wasn't supposed to be my cat. I don't particularly want a cat. But now I'm stuck with it. With the litter boxes, the mess, the needy cat. Ida sooner done without it.
  • @maureenmce I'm with you on the princess stuff. I HATE it with a passion. Same for prince or little man. Or anything referring to little a boy as a ladies man. It's icky.
  • @maureenmce and @Wicked4589 and @katyschafer I am with you on the prince, princess, little man, etc. But the one that irritates me the most is  "boys will be boys." I hate that phrase. A friend gave me some hand-me-down clothes for DS and one of the shirts said that on it, but I just can't let him wear it. I've also seen it a lot on shirts when out shopping, especially in the toddler sizes, and I cringe every time.