November 2015 Moms
Options

Tilted cervix and no Dilation a 38 weeks.

I have always known that I have a tilted cervix and that it is really far back too I just never realized how bad it was until they started checking me for dilation. It doesn't hurt when they check me but they have a very hard time reaching it. I am currently 38 weeks today and still nothing they say possibly a tip of a finger but I am worried because it is so tilted that it is preventing me from dilatating. I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or has had this issue in the past. My ob has told me she hasn't dealt with anyone with a cervix as tilted and deep as mine she said usually by now it should have corrected itself. This is my first pregnancy so any advice is helpful.

Re: Tilted cervix and no Dilation a 38 weeks.

• Options
    This is my second pregnancy and I have the same issue. I'm 38+2 today and still tightly closed and not thinned at all. I did dilate to 10 with my first but very slowly. But ended with section due to babies size she wouldn't come through my canal. But ob said if she was smaller there would have been no problem delivering her.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It can be done. I have delivered 2 babies and both were sunny side up too!  Makes things slow but it can be done. Gotta love it. /:)

(lurking from O15)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im 37+2 and at my last visit I was 1-2 cm dilated. I found out about 2 years ago I have a tilted cervix and honestly never knew it was a thing until my ob informed me lol thankfully I haven't had any issues. I have measured 3 weeks ahead though for about the last 2 months and my dr said there wasn't a concern because of the way my uterus is sitting (apparently higher than 'normal'). Hoping for the best and a quick and safe delivery!!!