September 2015 Moms

She hates her room!

My LO is 5wks, she sleeps in our room in a rocker at night and her swing usually for naps. I started putting her in her room in the crib for naps and let's just say she is not pleased. I can walk in and she see the purple walls and she screams now haha I really hope I didn't ruin any chance of her sleeping in her crib by keeping her in the moving swing or vibrating rocker. The crib doesn't do anything

Re: She hates her room!

• Something a friend recommended to me - we have our LO in a rock n play next to our bed every night and swing or rock n play during the day for naps. I would just bring LO into his nursery to walk around and rock in the chair for a bit to get him used to it. Now I bring his rock n play in their for day naps so he gets used to the room. In another week well try the crib. Maybe try bringing her swing in their a few times so she associates it with something she likes? She's still young enough where she can associate the room with something new that she likes
  • I agree with pp. Spend time in her room other than just to put her down in her crib. Our changing table is in baby's room, so we change his diapers in there, rock him in there, I've brought his rock n play in there for naps (he sleeps in his pack n play in our room at night), just walk around in there, etc. We set him down in his crib after we change his diaper just so we can go wash our hands, then come right back and pick him up, so he's gotten used to lying in the crib and usually just lays there and stares at the ceiling.