November 2015 Moms
Options

Need to b*tch!

edited October 2015 in November 2015 Moms
So we just got our 2016 benefits package and I'm hella pissed. Our insurance went from a $1000 deductible to $4000! On top of that I went from almost everything being covered at 100% once deductible was met to 30%!

Take a hospital stay for instance. I went from being covered at 100% once I pay a $500 co-pay to paying 30% once my $4,000 deductible is met! Wtf, so glad baby will be here before 2016.

Best part is the price for family went up as compared to the old plan. How the f is that possible!! :((

Re: Need to b*tch!

• Options
    Wow! That is really f-d up. Do you work for a small company? I would look into to getting private insurance. You will probably find better coverage for a better price than that. 30% is a joke
  • Options
    Cook3133Cook3133 member
    edited October 2015
    No kiding! This is why we prefer to pay out of pocket for the DH and myself and just pay the fine on our taxes (which was less then what 2 months insurance would cost us). In the end even if we ended up in the hospital insurance wouldnt cover much. Most places give cash discounts and hospitals take payments.

This is when it comes to private insurance. I had no problem paying a small amount when I had it through my old work but we had excellent coverage and very small co pays
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you sure the 30% isn't what you pay after the deductible, and insurance would cover 70%?
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    Are you sure the 30% isn't what you pay after the deductible, and insurance would cover 70%?
    That would make more sense yes
    I am paying 20% once deductible is met and insurance pays 80%

• Options
    GoogleMD said:

Yeah that is what I meant, I pay 30% and they pay 70% now but it was they pay 100% after my $1,000 deductible was met instead of 70%.
  • Options

Wow! That is really f-d up. Do you work for a small company? I would look into to getting private insurance. You will probably find better coverage for a better price than that. 30% is a joke

No I actually work for a fairly large company. I guess this is the price we pay for getting raises this year. Just sucks!
  • Options
    Wondering if anyone looked into group health plans? IE: Samartian's Purse?
  • Options
    I have Aetna medical insurance through my contracting company and it's rather bad. I have a $2,000 deductible and 60% co-insurance, meaning I pay 40% after the deductible is hit. Of course I hit the deductible way earlier in the year but having to pay 40% is brutal. I've made six payments of $278 to my OBGYN to pay the Global fee in advance for a vaginal delivery. Needless to say that has hurt... and I still owe the 40% for any lab work, ultrasounds, NSTs, etc... as that stuff is considered additional to the standard global fee.

My company's open enrollment for 2016 begins next week and I am seriously afraid it's going to be even worse... especially since I will have a dependent to pay for now!!