March 2016 Moms

TMI....The stopped up saga cont...

This post is mostly for BTDT moms esp those that have had pelvic floor injuries...but, all advice welcome. My 1st DD was stuck in my birth canal for 3 wks in a posterior position which she was also delivered in with me forced to lie on my back for duration. Basically the worst position for the type of presentation. I developed a 2nd degree cystocele and slight rectocele which prompted my OB to induce DD #2 just past 37 weeks to avoid extra weight gain and extra pressure on pelvic floor and organs. I have also struggled with constipation due to IBS most of my life and can't take the usual measures of relief bc most cause severe cramping...even Miralax. I eat tons of fiber and drink water. My query is this....after 3 or 4 days of unsatisfactory potty visits I tried a Dulculax and it actually got things moving however, they were still so firm and sluggish that it literally felt like I was gonna push my insides out. Now logic tells me that is impossible but, I have actually felt my cervix before due to pelvic floor injuries and it's not far from the doorway if ya get my drift. Being pregnant it just scared me that all that pressure and fullness could cause cervical changes and pose a danger to Miss Priss. I was def having some concerning sensations. Thoughts and experiences?? Can severe constipation cause preterm labor or shall I just continue to push on through confidently albeit uncomfortably??? #poopsieprobs
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: TMI....The stopped up saga cont...

• I think that might warrant a call to your OB or definitely ask at your next appointment.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would be concerned about a prolapse occurring.  Def ask your doctor sooner than later.
  • Loading the player...
  • It seems to rare to find others whose IBS presents as a back-up, rather than open floodgates. My OB only seemed concerned about potential bleeding that could terrify me (thanks, SCH), but I'm curious to see what yours says. Following.
  • I agree @AlissaLee17 .... Apparently we are the minority! Thanks ladies, prolapse is def my next biggest concern....just wanna keep organs and baby in if that's not too much to ask! I have my anatomy skin Tues so I'll def be asking my OB!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have no experience with most of what you mentioned, but have faced Ibs with constipation to the point of not going a week or more, getting a fever, and vomiting. I was drinking a whole bottle of magnesium citrate a day(most disgusting thing ever) to keep things moving or I felt terrible- stomach full of air was the worst part of it. I hit about 12 weeks pregnant and it disappeared (ob predicted this). But before it did go away I was told to use dolcalax as a very very lax resort. I took it once and it didn't do anything except make me feel like I had the flu for 12 hours. No movement. Double the daily dose of miralax was fine. I understand that doesn't work for you- but i would try other approved meds. I will say, my Ibs came on with no diet or life changes, and went away only since the pregnancy- maybe this will happen for you too. I would say if you don't have the urge to go, don't be pushing. It's confusing your body on telling you when to cue you to have the urge to go- when the time comes your body won't recognize it the same. Exercise, exercise, exercise- walking two or three blocks can work for me. Also, not going for 3-4 days isn't a problem without other complications- according to my gastro dr- twice a week is normal- far from concern. I used to be daily, am back to daily now, and he still thinks it's fine if I'm randomly 2x a week. Good luck, I know how it feels for this to run your life.