December 2015 Moms
Options

Prebirth Communication

Anyone here have any experience this pregnancy or during a previous pregnancy with prebirth communication?  I am absolutely fascinated by this!  

My second pregnancy I had severe stress and anxiety attacks (almost as bad as some PTSD sufferers) because of a traumatic birth with child #1.  A dear friend of mine recommended that I try medication and "talking" to/with my unborn child to help ease my anxiety.  I was skeptical at first but I really did get a lot of messages from my little one while she was still in utero - and pretty much everything she "sent" me came to pass.  She told me she was a "she" (though I shrugged that off at first), that my body was able to have a normal delivery despite the damage done during my first birth (it was), that I would have interventions I didn't want but it would be ok (she ended up needing a scalp monitor and fluid added around her because the cord kept getting compressed during contractions), and that she would be out in three easy pushes (she was - the midwife barely had time to snap on her second glove before my daughter shot out into the world!  This was a shock for everyone in the delivery room given my past delivery history).  I also had the sensation/vision of someone drowning a LOT while I was "talking" with her and she HATED water after she was born - to the point where it would take me an hour or longer to soothe her if I so much as submerged her foot in a bath.  We had many many months of sponge baths with this little one.  

This time around I tried the same techniques but the baby hasn't been as "talkative".  Maybe because this one is a boy?

I have had a few CLEAR thoughts from this little guy, though:

-BEFORE I got pregnant I started having dreams of a little boy holding hands with my then newborn second child (who, in the dreams, was about four).  I had these dreams all the time.  They got more frequent when my husband left for an extended trip for work.  One night I had enough (the dream kept waking me up and it was the fifth night in a row with it) and I said out loud, "Look, we would welcome you into our family and love you but --- (DH) isn't even HERE right now so this is a non-starter!  Back off a bit!" The dreams stopped immediately.  DH was sent home early and unexpectedly about three weeks later.  I felt crappy about twelve days after he got home - guess why.  :(|)

- I was having a pre-natal massage when I got the thought that the baby wanted my husband to name him, even if I HATED the name.  This was weird, since normally it was my DH who hated names I picked rather than vice versa and we really hadn't had many name debates at all prior to that point.  Well, DH ended up picking a name that I am only just now starting to be Ok with.  When he first brought it up we had an argument about it and DH said that particular name really meant a lot to him and he really wanted me to consider it.  I was about to use my veto power (we each got one veto per kid lol) when I remembered the "message in the massage" and let it go.  

- I had to make two runs to L&D triage, once at 27 weeks and once at 29 weeks, because I was having strong contractions every two to three minutes for well over five hours.  I kept "talking" to the baby saying, "If you need to come now because something is wrong in there then that's ok but otherwise it's way too early for you to be here.  We are excited to see you, but want you healthy."  I kept this up all during the hour long drive to the hospital and in triage.  Both times about five minutes before my contractions stopped I got the following message, "Ok, this is going to stop but all you need to do to get this going again is to say that it's safe to come now and things will get rocking and rolling."

Other random "thoughts" when I've asked for information or said I was open to anything this baby needed to tell me:
- have a crash birth kit in the car and at home, you probably aren't going to make it to the hospital
- this baby is going to be big, maybe 11lbs (God, I hope not)
- this will be a fast, uncomplicated delivery and you will only need to push two or three times (God, I hope so!)

We shall see if any of this comes to pass!  

Anyone else here experience this?  Or am i just a total nut?

Re: Prebirth Communication

• Options
    I have never heard of this...ever. Although, one time I asked her to kick if she loved mommy and she kicked. Then I asked to kick if she loved daddy and I got nada. Lol there was definitely no correlation though. What does your husband think about this?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He is of split minds about it. It helped me so much with my anxiety with #2 he was open with it. This time around he thinks it's weird.

I hadn't heard of it either prior to my last pregnancy. I know a lot of my anxiety was relieved just by the meditation itself - rest of it I can accept as coincidence/random neurons firing away or actual messages from the baby.

There are quite a few websites and books dedicated to the subject. Some is a bit out there for me, some makes sense.

https://birthpsychology.com/content/stories-unborn-soul-mystery-and-delight-pre-birth-communication

https://www.light-hearts.com/prebirth.htm

https://www.parenting-with-love.com/voices-from-the-womb-prebirth-communication/

kind of just scratches the surface, but just wanted to show I didn't pull the notion out of my butt lol
  • Options
    dec15mumdec15mum member
    edited October 2015
    I think that's well interesting, kinda like how they say twins can feel each others pain or know when the other one needs them?
    Definitely reading more into this :)
    Even if is nothing it's still a good way to keep anxiety at bay and connect with your LO
  • Options
    @breezypip Folks who get really into this field say that it isn't so much that they predict the future as that since they are a soul that haven't hit this side of things yet that they are able to see past and future lives/time.

I never had actual conversations with voices. I would meditate, focus on a mental image of the baby and a visualization of light/life/love/blood pulsing through the umbilical cord and placenta from me to the baby. Then focus on the thought that I was open to anything he or she might want me to know. Most of the time it would just be a very quiet, relaxing bonding time with my baby with no thoughts. Other times I'd have the thoughts I mentioned before or just images (like me delivering my child and seeing it went smoothly or watching me push three times).

Again, this just fascinates me the more I research it and hear other stories :) but I also know it's a little far out there for most people to accept.
  • Options
    I think that's pretty far out - I say both to be funny but also because I think it's neat. Who the heck am I to judge? Glad it brought you peace of mind!
    I def had "visions" of a little girl in my life despite having no proof of being able to conceive naturally. And despite that my husband was pretty sure he was "done". But I kept seeing this little brunette child in my minds eye. We'll see if she's a brunette but she's def on her way! I believe there is more to life than what we can see, for sure.
  • Options
    :))
    Fair enough! I figured this would be pretty far out in left field for most folks. Just thought it would be interesting if anyone had dreams about their kids or strong thoughts/feelings about their pregnancies or their deliveries that cam true.

I promise I'm a fairly normal person - these are just my experiences and as I've said before hearing stories that are similar really fascinate me.
  • Options
    Bombmom3Bombmom3 member
    edited October 2015
    @kristen2b It really did. As I said before I guessing the meditation and just me using that time to really bond with the baby is probably 95% of it. The rest *shrug* I'm open to a variety of explanations.

I believe there are people with psychic abilities out there, not too big of a stretch for me to believe that babies choose their parents and that their souls are able to communicate with us in some way before they are born or conceived. We struggled so long to get pregnant with #1 and then to get pregnant literally first night home from a three month hiatus with #3 seems a bit miraculous to me. Like I said, I'm open to explanations :D
  • Options
    I have only had one dream a few weeks before I took my pregnancy test. We had been trying for a while and the dream was me holding a blue blanket swaddled baby at my aunt and uncles house. I woke up and I knew I was pregnant but didn't take a test for a few weeks after.
  • Options
    Daphneh28Daphneh28 member
    edited October 2015
    At the beginning of my ypregnancy I dreamt it was a girl. Since then I was convinced and I was right! I think it's fascinating and I do believe in some People's ability and intuition. They live and form inside us so it wouldn't be that weird....right? Lol!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    @spottedginger Well, I certainly wouldn't sell my house or advise my husband to quit his job if I had a dream while pregnant (or ever lol) that we won the lottery.

I've had my share of WTF dreams and thoughts while meditating as well. While pregnant with #2 I had a very vivid dream that the baby was the reincarnation of Jack the Ripper. Freaked me out (just because the dream was pretty intense) but I did not immediately call for a priest to exercise the little monster growing in my womb haha

I mainly focus on when things DO come to pass and I was a little taken aback by how much was "accurate" that second pregnancy. Now, I keep feeling like I am not going to make it to the hospital when I go into labor this time around. I have no actual reason to feel this way - I had to be induced at 39 weeks with both my other kids and I have very few doubts they are going to have to use a crowbar to dislodge this one. Am I telling everyone, "Hey, no need to even worry about scheduling my induction this time around?" or freaking out researching how to deliver a baby in a car? No. I am accepting that strong feeling and considering having an emergency birth kit in the house/car on the off chance that does happen. If it does, then I will see that as another strong coincidence and it will make me wonder more about this subject but it wouldn't convince me to open up shop as a local clairvoyant lol

We'll see! My feelings this time around may all just be wishful thinking. It will be fun to see what happens in a few weeks :)
  • Options
    paigeivey said:

I have only had one dream a few weeks before I took my pregnancy test. We had been trying for a while and the dream was me holding a blue blanket swaddled baby at my aunt and uncles house. I woke up and I knew I was pregnant but didn't take a test for a few weeks after.

That's so awesome!
  • Options
    I've seen a little about communication etc in natural birth books, they also talked about babies that remember being born or being in the womb (my little cousin is 5 years younger than I am and claimed he remembered being born for most of his life)--I have almost no memories before I was 5 yo so it is a foreign concept to me. The same books also mention how rebirth experiences can help heal the trauma of a birth story that didn't go as planned. 

• Options
    OP there is a very special book on prenatal communication called 'Spirit Babies' by Walter Makichen. I am very open to this kind of stuff, although I myself am not very psychic. I have trouble sifting through real messages and ones that my mind creates. But I guess that's normal in the beginning.
  • Options
    @missphil I think I've read that on :) I'm working through the Cosmic Cradle right now. I feel the same way - how much is me vs how much is baby/an actual message. When I brought this up with the friend who introduced this concept to me she asked me if it really mattered. A message is a message whether it's from your mind or the baby - you can split hairs all day long about where that thought came from but bottom line is if it applies to you and rings true what harm does it do to wait and see? Isn't a message from your subconscious (perhaps saying to trust your body during labor) just as valid as a message from the baby as long as it helps/is meaningful to you? Just a different perspective that helped me from balking/negating every thought/message I had during these meditative sessions. As I mentioned before, I take what I get and process it but don't make major life altering plans with them. Some of the things about the delivery of my second child didn't even click with me until I got home and paged through my "dream journal" (like the number of pushes, the intervention I didn't want but would accept and be ok with etc). Gave me goosebumps to see how much of it actually came to be!