February 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 10/28

rainbowminionrainbowminion member
edited October 2015 in February 2016 Moms
How's it going? 

Not a lot going on with me this week. Last night for the first time he was kicking me hard enough that I couldn't get back to sleep. Not the worst reason for being awake in the middle of the night. :D

My biggest problem isn't really pgal related. We're trying to figure out paying for day care and it's causing major stress! I was working on learning how to code when I got pregnant. It was fun and I loved doing it but I found myself too tired to concentrate after work when I usually practiced and so I just stopped for a bit. I keep thinking I need to find a way to finish my online course (it's go at your own pace thank goodness) both for my self-esteem and so I could build websites for some small businesses around here who really need one, or at least a better one. That would be 1)helpful to the business 2) make me feel great and 3) earn some much-needed extra money. But now it's been so long that I'm scared to try and pick it up again. I'm kind of afraid I've forgotten everything! 

Anyway...really if that's my biggest worry and stress right now I'm actually pretty happy. Baby has given us absolutely nothing to worry about and that's so much more important than anything else. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: PGAL check-in 10/28

• Options
    Hey lady! Glad you and baby are doing well! Happy for you- good luck getting that course done. It will be worth it. We're trying to sort out daycare too. So expensive, MIL has offered to help us, but we can't ask her to be full time. Trying to determine juggling a lighter work schedule for me plus her help for at least a few months before daycare. 6 weeks just feels too little to me. I know everyone does it, but we're trying to work out a little longer without me taking FMLA and getting 0 income. So much to figure out, so little time! Did you register yet? Overwhelming or what?! Take care!
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I'm hanging in there-- pretty sure I'm coming down with something, and we have our first baby shower this weekend so I'm doing everything I can do feel better! One of my pups has been sick the last 3 days though, so she's kept me up all night every night needing to go outside several times, so I'm sick AND exhausted. I just want a nap and some good medicine :(

@rainbowminion love feeling those kicks! And I hear you on daycare.. we visited a few this month and found one we really like, and they were offering a discount on new enrollments at their newest location, so we jumped on that opportunity. I'm staying home for 8 weeks, then she'll be enrolled full-time. Couldn't find any daycares that did part-time care for a reasonable rate. I hope you have some luck soon!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    All is well over here- I feel so much more confident now that Baby is thumping and bumping around regularly! Finally get my ultrasound done on Tuesday (yes, things happen slowly in this neck of the woods!) and hoping we can find out the gender.
  • Options
    So happy to hear things are going well overall.

I'm currently waiting for DH to arrive at the perinatologist for an ultrasound to check my vasa previa and placenta previa. I'm feeling more nervous about this than I expected. This appointment is supposed to help solidify our birth plan a little more (I'll see my regular ob Monday).

Good vibes/happy thoughts appreciated!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SarahS06 Definitely thinking of you today! I hope everything looks good!

@natsfans84 Sorry to hear about your poor, sick pup. I hope it's nothing serious. And I hope you feel better soon too!

@seckenrode  I have a registry going, but it's more to keep track of what I still need/want to get for Minion. I feel like everyone's assuming I'll have a shower but no one's doing anything about it. Which is just fine with me, really. I'm not really a party person and I hate being the center of attention. I'd much rather have people meet the baby individually or in small groups after he's here and maybe even when he's a bit older, after cold and flu season. Am I no fun or what? lol

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well and the movements seems to be putting everyone at ease, myself included!

@rainbowminion aw girl Id throw you one! And I love how you call him your minion. My best friend is a psyco. After I peed on a stick it was like "soooo I planned your shower.." I'm lucky to have her, but honestly could care less either way. Showers aren't my thing either, I just smile and feel grateful. In some of these threads I saw girls throwing their own. I am definitely not in that camp! Hope someone steps up for you.
  • Options
    @SarahS06 I hope everything is looking good from your appointment!

@rainbowminion - you could just skip the shower and sip and see and throw a big first birthday party! I know what you mean about not enjoying being the center of attention.

My EDD is tomorrow and I think I'm doing ok, except I'm not excited about anything Halloween and I want it to be over. But I think it's also because I have strong memories of last year with Zeke. I've heard holidays always have a bittersweet component after losing a loved one.

I had an appointment on Tuesday and found out I'll be getting a few more ultrasounds to check on baby and make sure things look good. It was such a relief to hear that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker