Babies on the Brain
Options

BOTB Weekly check in

Are you TTC or TTA?

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)?

What's frustrating you?

What are you thankful for?

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as?

** If there are questions you want added to this, please fill free to let me know! Or if you think something should be worded differently**

Me 26, Hubs 32
Married 7.14.12
DS 10.29.13
BFP 06.20.16
*It's a boy!*
EDD 03.03.17
                                                      BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BOTB Weekly check in

• Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TTA 

For how long (TCC)?---

Till when (TTA)?July 2016 we start actively TTC, We may NTNP in June 2016 though. 

What's frustrating you? I've hit that point where I want to be pregnant, but I know this is awful timing. I really want to NTNP in January, but hubs is not on board.  

Also I'm frustrated with school. I just want it to be over with, but I have another 2 1/2 years. I'm just gonna keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

What are you thankful for?  My sweet family. In general they keep my outlook positive and remind me why I fight so hard everyday to be a full time employee, mom, wife, and student. :)

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? I'm a bit of a Disney addict (as soon as I figure out how to add a gif to my signature there will be Disney gifs galore). This is a hard one for me. I love Frozen, UP, Lion King, and Pocahontas. My all time favorite is Aladdin though.  

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Not dressing up this year. DS is going as spider man (because all things in my life are spider man right now).

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    re you TTC or TTA? TTC

For how long (TCC)? 1 cycle.. I'm in my TWW

Till when (TTA)? n/a

What's frustrating you? I'm frustrated with how long ttc can feel.. you're waiting to try, waiting to Ovulate.. waiting to test and then waiting for AF to leave... its alot of waiting. As someone who used to be a military wife... it feels like a deployment with all the excitement/waiting. Sidenote: I am having a hard time thinking of anything else and work is slow right now. Also, for some reason anytime I go to TTGP board I get into an argument with someone... contemplating giving up "the bump"... which would make work so much more boring.

What are you thankful for? my health, my DH's new job.. the holidays coming! There are many things to be thankful for. Right now I'm thankful we aren't avoiding anymore.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? dk, the classics.. right now Aladdin comes to mind.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as?a sexy mysterious woman with a reattached head... so really I'm a cranky bitch bec I had to sew my head back on...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you TTC or TTA? NTNP/TTC

For how long (TCC)? 1 month

Till when (TTA)? N/A

What's frustrating you? Difficultly in finding employment if you don't know anyone in the area.

What are you thankful for? Good health and family

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Inside Out

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? DH & I are homemade Jasmine & Aladdin

1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Are you TTC or TTA?  TTC my next cycle!!

For how long (TCC)?  -----

Till when (TTA)?  11/1 should be the start of my next cycle.

What's frustrating you?  Nothing at the moment. A lot of unknowns currently, but nothing frustrating.

What are you thankful for?  I'm getting married to the love of my life in just a little over 2 weeks!! There is TONS to be thankful for right now. :)

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?  Aladdin, Up, and Lion King all come to mind.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as?  We aren't dressing up, but I love going out and looking at all of the costumes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi, I'm Boo. Thought it was time to start joining in the fun.

Are you TTC or TTA? TTA

For how long (TCC)? --

Till when (TTA)?  No idea. We're focusing on buying a house now and will discuss after that. Probably six months or so.

What's frustrating you? Waiting for HR to get back to me on the job I interviewed for last week. The interviewer said she wants me to do a phone interview with another person and that HR will contact me to set it up. They have a really tight timeline on when they want to hire, so I hope they aren't just blowing me off.

What are you thankful for? We're out of debt! Student loans paid off and now working on a down payment!

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Beauty & the Beast

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Nothing :(  We're helping a friend move, so costume will just get in the way. I might wear my Darth Vader tee shirt that has a cape though...

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    Pupatella Congratulations! Please share pictures with us of your wedding!

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TTC

For how long (TCC)? Went off BCP 1 month ago, so 1 month :) BUT this will be my first cycle as I just got AF for the first time since going off BCP today

Till when (TTA)?

What's frustrating you? That I'm JUST not getting my period and I have no idea if I've ovulated in the last month! Excited to have a true cycle now (hopefully)

What are you thankful for? My amazing husband and family :) they are always supportive in whatever is going on in my life. Theyre just the best

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? I'm going to agree and Say Aladin and the Lion King

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? I'm going to be the Tooth Fairy and my DH will be a tooth :) I work in dentistry so it makes sense!

• Options
    LitlePretyLitlePrety member
    edited October 2015

Are you TTC or TTA?  Apparently TTA - thought we were NTNP but last night DH threw me for a loop.  Will definitely have a chat about that... On the other hand, I think I may of O'd yesterday (waiting for confirmation) so there could still be a chance. But we will see.

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)?  Ugh, who knows?!  Definitely bringing this up tonight.

What's frustrating you?  DH!  He's so confusing.

What are you thankful for?  The holidays.  They are on their way!

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?  Oh man, we have so many.  I gotta say, I really like Frozen, but growing up it was always Aladdin.  

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as?  I don't even know.  I haven't thought about it for the first time in ever.  I still don't even know what we are doing.  Sigh.

• Options

Are you TTC or TTA?/For how long (TCC)? TTC, on our second cycle (since Sept 2015)

What's frustrating you? Ovulation! I just finally had a temp spike after a not very significant dip on CD 28. Last month I ovulated on CD 24, but at least had a normal range LP (11 days). I'm worried about my cycles getting longer and/or ovulation getting later but cycles staying normal thus causing a short LP. All of this is normal, I know. Probably all illegitimate worries but, whatever, that's what's frustrating me atm!  

What are you thankful for? My incredible husband and our great friends and family (today and every day, really). 

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Toy Story for sure!

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Undecided still (need to get on that).

• Options
    Are you TTC or TTA? TTA

Till when (TTA)? Sigh-not sure. Hopefully well be ttc by this time next year.

What's frustrating you? Money/debt. Cant get a promotion. Wish we were tcc at the start of the year like previously planned.

What are you thankful for? So much! Reallly trying to cultivate gratitude even when im cranky or frustrated. My husband, my sweet fur baby, the fact we have a home and steady jobs.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Aladdin or cinderella.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Nothing this year. Im boring lol
  • Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TTA

Till when (TTA)? Undecided. Maybe until next October or possibly until Jan/Feb. 2017

What's frustrating you? Trying to raise $500,000 for my job. Fundraising is hard work and very unpredictable. 

What are you thankful for? My health, my husband, my pups (even though they drive me nuts), our jobs and our lives in general.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Toy Story (all of them)!

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Nothing. We do not really participate. We don't even pass out candy, but that's because our dogs lose their minds when someone knocks/ring the door bell.

• Options

Are you TTC or TTA?  TTC

For how long (TCC)? I'm in TWW of my third cycle, but going to start cycle 4 anyway now.  FF says Thursday.

What's frustrating you?  not a whole lot.  I wish I would get pregnant already.  I started my job in June and it has STD and such so I'm going to stay until after I have a baby, unless something awesome comes up.  The job isn't bad, it's just not what I"m passionate about.  I want to go back to working in mental health.

What are you thankful for?  Job security!  My friends and family.  

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?  Beauty and the Beast, but Monster's Inc. is a close second. 

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? nothing really.  It's ULL homecoming, so I'll be in red and enjoying the homecoming festivities. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TAA

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)? Until March

What's frustrating you?  I'm frustrated that ever since we booked our big trip to Amsterdam in March, which at the time was totally within budget, we've had expensive dental bills for my H and vet bills for our dog that have kept us from being able to build our savings ahead of TTC.  We'll make it work, but it's sure annoying.  If anyone reading this is in their early-mid 20s and without dental insurance, don't put off going in for cleanings!  $100 out of pocket is better than thousands later...

What are you thankful for?  I'm thankful that our dog's heart disease is not progressing and we should have many more years with him.  I'm also thankful for my promotion at work that is allowing us to keep on trucking despite the unexpected bills.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?  Tough call between Finding Nemo and Up!  

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as?  No clue yet.  I should get on that!

• Options

re you TTC or TTA? TTA

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)? November!!

What's frustrating you? Work is being silly this week. I can't seem to get anything done, and I got told off for putting too many water bottles in the fridge. The water isn't even for me, it's for clients, and there was still plenty of space in there, and it isn't even part of my job to stock the fridge i was JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL!

What are you thankful for? The season - I'm totally obsessed with fall!

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? The little mermaid :-)

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? I'm with @Xstatic3333 - no idea!

• Options
    Are you TTC or TTA? TTA

For how long (TCC)? --

Till when (TTA)? December. We will try in January.

What's frustrating you? Money.

What are you thankful for? My family and the upcoming holidays. My favorite time of the year!

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? This is a tough one. I'd say it's a toss up between Lion King and Toy Story.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? I'm not dressing up but my kids are going as Minnie Mouse and Jake (and the Neverland Pirates).
  • Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TTA

Till when (TTA)? Start TTC in december, can't wait lol

What's frustrating you? When you put a lot of work into something and people only have negative comments

What are you thankful for? Similar to @Pupatella but we're getting married in December. My friends and family are super excited now the day is getting closer. They sound even more excited then my SO and I (probably because we know more about the details then them). 

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? I always liked Robin Hood

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? We don't celebrate halloween here. But with carnaval this year I dressed up as an femal russian cossack

@LitlePrety Got some clarification from your H?

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Are you TTC or TTA? TTC

For how long? 2 months. In TWW right now. And it's killing me!

What's frustrating you? The fact that I am obsessing over dates/cm/symptom spotting. Its making me crazy, but my mind won't let me concentrate on anything else. 

What are you thankful for? My family. Our health. DH's job. That our house is nice and warm while it snows outside.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Oh this is such a hard questions. I love Robin Hood and Beauty and the Beast, but I think my favorite was Sword and the Stone.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? DH and I will probably won't dress up. DS1 is going to be Darth Vader. DS2 is going to be a dinosaur.
  • Options
    @Lysta85  I did.  And it wasn't what I wanted to hear.  He thinks we need to TTA until we have a higher income coming in because he is worried about finances.  I get that.  Right now we are living comfortably but I work part time in order to stay home with our DD as much as possible.  Adding another child would obviously up our expenses.  I could get a full time job, but now I'm spoiled with only working part time. I do have an Etsy store and my main goal is to build that enough to be able to stay home AND put DH's mind at ease.  Long story short, I have no idea how long we will be TTA but I still think I will stick around!

However, all that said, I think tomorrow FF will give me CH for CD 16 (which would be a little early for me).  And if that's the case, we definitely BD during my FW.  I haven't mentioned that to him yet because I think I want to wait until I know something more conclusive.

Here's my chart if anyone wants to C/S!  (I discarded my temp on CD 15 because I got my flu shot the day before and I know that can cause a temp spike PLUS our baby monitor suddenly lost signal and started beeping so I had to jump up out of bed and fix it an HOUR AND A HALF before I normally temp.  So that day was shot.  Horrible timing.)

My Ovulation Chart

Congrats @pupatella & @Lysta85 on your upcoming weddings!
  • Options
    Are you TTC or TTA? Right now TTA, planning on TTC within a few months

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)? January/February

What's frustrating you? Waiting on a phone call from a company to interview my husband in the 1st week of December. Seems so far away!

What are you thankful for? My 2 boys (8 & 9), healthy marriage, roof over my head.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? The Croods

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Going as Donatello for my son's party tomorrow

• Options
    Are you TTC or TTA? TTA

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)? Probably late spring/early summer.

What's frustrating you? I get easily annoyed by how much of the TTC/pregnancy/birth process can't be accurately planned, and I'm not even trying yet!

What are you thankful for? DH and I did a lot of hustling and working like mad in our early/mid 20s so that we could both be stay at home parents by the time we had kids. It was a lot of long, very hard years but I'm glad that we stuck with it.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? If I'm being really honest I can't even remember the last time I saw an animated movie! As a kid I loved Aladdin.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? I LOVEEE Halloween! It's the only holiday we really celebrate. DH and I are dressing up as werewolves this year. We go pretty over the top. I literally have faux dog hair eyebrow extensions hanging out in my makeup kit right now.

• Options
    Sirius37Sirius37 member
    edited October 2015

Are you TTC or TTA? TTA....for now.

For how long (TCC)?

Till when (TTA)? Roughly June 2016 (whenever he gets back from deployment)

What's frustrating you? I don't even know where to begin.....DH just left for 3 weeks. My 8 month old puppy is scheduled for ligament surgery on Monday, but now we have to rule out kidney disease (due to some elevated levels from her blood work) before anything happens. I got x-rays of my spine and it turns out I have several issues that are going to cause complications. My graduate classes are kicking my a** and I have a large project due on Friday that I haven't even started because I am so stressed that I can't get my mind to focus. My full time job isn't helping with that either. Hence why I'm here, whining.

What are you thankful for? That DH had made the majority of his travels safely so far. And that I have my puppy to keep me company this time.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Brave!

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Not much of anything actually, I have too many other things going on. Today, however, my coworker did rope me into doing a group costume with her for our office's costume contest tomorrow though. We're going as equipment that we use for sampling all the time....sounds weird, but it'll be awesome, I swear.

• Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TTC 

For how long (TCC)? Been off BC since July, just starting 3rd cycle of TTC 

Till when (TTA)?

What's frustrating you? AF started this morning, and I'm pretty confident we had great timing last month. Ah well, maybe this time! 

What are you thankful for? I've been exploring some new business ventures and so far so good... and I'm thankful that DH is super supportive every step of the way! I'm also thankful for coffee these days -- trying not to overdo it, but it's been very necessary! 

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? It has ALWAYS been Lion King. I don't think anything since has topped it for me! 

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? Hmm.. If we do something, I'll be a Zombie bride, but not sure yet that we're doing anything! 

• Options

Are you TTC or TTA? TTC

For how long (TCC)? this is my first one

Till when (TTA)? --

What's frustrating you? just waiting to o......

What are you thankful for? my so, my ds, my family.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? oh I have so many. beauty and the beast, little mermaid, Cinderella, up, toy story. I live in Florida and we are annual passholders to wdw, so im kind of a disney nerd lol.

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as? I'm not dressing up but ds is. We are going tonight to let him pick out a costume...nothing like waiting until last minute right?

Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    @Sirius37, Hang in there hun... My DH is a veteran now... but we went through 2 deployments together. I know it can be really tough. I'm here if you need to talk.
  • Options
    TTC

Cycle 6/calendar day 17

Work is insanely busy, which is frustrating. I would just love to have a day or week where it feels like I've accomplished something instead of just spinning my wheels.

The Royals are in the World Series, which is exciting! I'm not a super fan, but it's really cool to experience the buzz and togetherness that's running throughout KC.

Mary Poppins.

I hate adult Halloween, but I'm going to a party on Friday dressed as a "smart ass."
  • Options
    @als1982 Are you in KC?  I'm originally from there and my family still lives there.  I have definitely been watching the World Series and rooting for them!  I've been hearing stories about how everyone is really coming together for this and it sounds fantastic!
  • Options

@als1982 Are you in KC?  I'm originally from there and my family still lives there.  I have definitely been watching the World Series and rooting for them!  I've been hearing stories about how everyone is really coming together for this and it sounds fantastic!

I am! We live in Prairie Village.
  • Options

Are you TTC or TTA?  NTNP but charting

For how long (TCC)? Went off BCP 6 weeks ago

Till when (TTA)?  Whenever I start ovulating!

What's frustrating you?  My ovaries since they seem to be confused...

What are you thankful for?  DH, my whole family, and my job

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?  All of them!  I can't get enough of Mulan and Hercules..ever

Second GTKY: In honor of Halloween, what are you dressing up as?  Nothing planned.. DH wants to be a scary clown to scare trick-or-treaters but I plan on just handing out candy... this is the first time that I'm in a house so I'm very excited!  My baby fever will go through the roooof this weekend I'm sure!

• Options
    reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited October 2015
    Are you TTC or TTA? TTC

For how long (TCC)? This is our first cycle TTC after 12 week loss. I'm in the TTW at 5dpo and I'll be testing next Friday.

What's frustrating you? Myself... I'm symptom spotting like crazy and driving myself crazy.

What are you thankful for? My husband and my 4 yr old son... I couldn't ask for better.

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie? Finding Nemo.

I won't be dressing up.. My son with be a ninja turtle
  • Options
    als1982 said:

I am from Olathe and my mom lives in Overland Park! Always fun to meet someone who knows the area!
  • Options

als1982 said:

I am from Olathe and my mom lives in Overland Park! Always fun to meet someone who knows the area!
    Love it! Where are you now?
  • Options
    Are you TTC or TTA?

TTA. Although if our BC failed, I wouldn't be sad. I got baby fever!!

Till when (TTA)?

Hopefully not too much longer! H's ideal time to get pregnant is in early summer (to avoid having a baby during hunting season). I'm not so picky. So we were sort of planning for early summer, although I wouldn't mind sooner. We've been saving money, but recently had a sitatution that really set us back, so we'll see. Probably not sooner than summer.

What's frustrating you?

Not much at the moment.

What are you thankful for?

Safety, a good job, and the upcoming holidays!

GTKY: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?

Probably Planes. Or Frozen was pretty cute.

Nothing. We don't celebrate Halloween.
  • Options
    als1982 said:
    Love it! Where are you now?
    Now I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia.