Infertility
Options

New to the board... & a question re:headaches

a-c-da-c-d member
edited October 2015 in Infertility
Hi there!

In a weird way, I feel like I am coming home, even though I've never been on here for TCC. I was a Knottie/Nestie years ago, so I guess being a Bumpie is just the next step! Here is my deal...

I am 40 and DH is 45. We are on a 2nd marriage for both of us and have been married for 4.5 years. We did the natural TCC thing for a couple of years with no success. Fast forward to now and I am CD 7 of our 2nd round of IUI treatments. Everything is healthy and in good shape with DH. I have regular cycles, but I have a very low "reprosource" score, so my egg count is very low. 

Because of my low egg count and my age, my daily drug dosage is very high. I am currently taking 300 - 375 of Gonal-f and 75 - 150 of Menopur daily. Just like last time, after a few days, I get really, really bad headaches. Doc says that is normal for some people due to the large amount of hormones we are pumping into my body. He says I can only take Tylenol. So, here is my question... if any of you have experienced these headaches, what have you done to help? At this point, Tylenol and ice packs, aren't cutting it. I am toughing it through long workdays with these headaches and they are really intense. 

Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New to the board... & a question re:headaches

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Hi!  And welcome :)

I get bad headaches too, and I find that regular chiropractic care helps tremendously.  So does icing my neck at the base of my head.  I've also been recently told that soaking your feet in hot water can help with blood flow which can also reduce headaches, however I have yet to try this!  I hope you get some relief soon!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Hi welcome!  I got horrible headaches to the point they were bordering on migraines.  I was on similar doses of the meds, plus Lupron.  At a certain point of my IVF cycle (first day or two of injections) my doc ok'd excedrin. after that, it was back to tylenol only.  My RN told me that if they got bad enough they would Rx vicodin with acetomenophin.

There's not really much you can do besides call your nurse.  If you complain enough, they will break down and rx you something... It is very hard to live with that kind of pain, i know!

if it makes you feel better, the headaches got better after my trigger shot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually used chiropractic and accupuncture. On stubborn days though not much helps... unfortunately. 
    Welcome, and hope this cycle goes well for you! ... minus the headaches that is! :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog