July 2015 Moms
Options

does anyone know why my baby does this?

My baby would sometimes (while lying down) throw her head back and kick her legs as if she's running with fast breathing. Is this something to dowith development or is she asking for something?

Re: does anyone know why my baby does this?

• Options
    My son (3.5 months) does this as well, one minute he will be clam the next its as if he is running kicking his legs and moving his arms along with the breathing.

He doesn't throw his head back.
    He has however started to lift his head up as if you were to sit up. He can't fully so it falls back. He will do this a couple of times then give up.

I was a nanny before having my LO, and would see this often in babies before the sitting up, rolling over, crawling began.

My little guy smiles and seem to be in a rush to get somewhere but then I guess he remembers he's still a baby and can't go anywhere by himself
  • Options
    My Lo does this too, he seems really excited while doing so.... probably normal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO also does this(14weeks old), not so much the head going back but she smiles huge kicks her legs like crazy and wails her arms and hit her belly even with them lol, she also this week started to try and bring her head up as well, we have tried to prop her up a bit more using her breast feeding pillow and a blanket behind her to try and help her 'sit', they just want to try and go go go at this stage I guess!!
  • Options
    My DD has always been pretty active with her arms and legs, but the past week or so she's definitely been trying to sit up. She'll flex those little abs and try so hard to bring her (big) head and body up, it's adorable. Not terribly interested in rolling over yet but it's coming.
  • Options
    My baby likes to kick his legs and breaths fast too likes he's running a marathon! It's super cute!