July 2015 Moms
Options

Baby waking up every hour or two during the night!

So my baby is 16 weeks old today and for the last 5 days she has been waking up every hour or two in the middle of the night! She wakes up, breastfeeds (mostly to soothe herself I think) and then the cycle continues 6-7 times throughout her "nighttime". I have no idea what is going on? She was down to just two feeding in the middle of the night. I really hope this gets better :(

Re: Baby waking up every hour or two during the night!

• Options
    This sounds like it might be a leap she's going through. Either a growth spurt or teething. Mine has been waking up also and not really feeds in some but just for comfort. It will get better though! Hang in there and good luck mama!
  • Options
    My son had been doing the same thing! He will be 15 weeks on Thursday. I thought I was the only one! No advice but wanted you to know you aren't alone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's sleep regression. Mine is just coming out of it (most nights he is sleeping better again) but it's common! Apparently they are actually maturing and their sleep cycles are becoming more like ours. It should be a phase and go away soon... But it's so frustrating when they are up all hours of the night!
  • Options
    ^^^ yeap four month sleep regression. Our little guy did it closer to three months so I'm boping that as it and we're not going to get hit with it again. He's 16 weeks.
  • Options
    We're going through the same thing! I'm going to try an earlier bedtime (around 6) and see if maybe that helps a little? She's been getting up around 6am for the day so I'm hoping going to bed earlier might help her get more of the sleep she needs at night.