3rd Trimester

Food issues

Recently I have to force myself to eat.  I don't really feel great to start with, and then I get about 1/2 a sandwich down and I'm done. I know there is less room for my stomach, but I have to force myself to get started in the first place.  Anyone else have food issues? 

Re: Food issues

• I did with my first when I was getting into the last weeks of pregnancy and I'm still suffering with bad MS with this one so I relate that it becomes a chore sometimes to eat, the good thing is you are still trying! I'd say it's totally normal as you are running out of space to put it and if your anything like me eating gives THE WORST heartburn! my suggestion is to always try to stick with something healthy! Your body stores a ton of what baby needs also so don't worry about not feeding your baby. Talk to your doctor next time you see them about the issue, but for now keep trying small, healthy snacks :)
  • So pretty much my entire pregnancy, I have not had an increased appetite or cravings. I had aversions up to about a month ago and following that, when my appetite finally seemed to go back to normal, I just became totally disinterested in food. I often forget that i have to eat. And then i panic and stuff and feel miserable. 

When I get sad or anxious, my appetite becomes very poor and eating becomes physically very difficult. And it's a lot like that, just without the sadness or anxiety (as far as i can tell)

It's weird and I've been reassured that the baby is ok and i'm the only one who really needs to worry - but i feel like a bad mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one. Last night I had to lay down and call it quits because I was feeling so crappy and this morning I can't stop throwing up (even with Zofran) and barely making it through work. I don't want to go home from work bc I came in late and left early last week. I'm trying to save as much PTO as possible, but what's the point of sitting in my office puking all day.