January 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Let if out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Well, I am super conscious of germs especially while pregnant, and I got the common cold, but it seems to be escalating farther and I'm worried for baby and me. I think it's a WTF that in general Americans don't give a crap about others and will go out and cough or be sneezing all over everyone in the store etc. atleast wear a ******* mask! It's just so inconsiderate. Maybe I'm more sensitive but this has always been a pet peeve of mine because outside of pregnancy I'm severely immune compromised and when I wear a mask people steer clear of me like I'm the plague, when its me trying to protect myself from people that are in general selfish and inconsiderate people! In Japanese culture if someone has a cold, they wear a mask out of consideration for others, what a concept.
  • Loading the player...
  • These things. One slithered by me during one of my classes today. Let me just say my response in front of my students was not dignified and there is one less in the world.
  • Lurking from December (baby is due the 27th) I expressed a craving for subway to my cousin, who basically shamed me for wanting to eat deli meat (which my Dr said was ok on occasion). I didn't even get one, just said I wanted one. Also, she has smoked through her entire pregnancy! She's due a day before me, and has a toddler and smokes through that pregnancy! Way to pick and choose doctors advice!
    It's always those that are the biggest messes that judge those of us just trying to get by.
    I got a big lecture from the lady next door for dyeing my hair. The lady that has 12 out-of-control children whose younger ones swear at her and destroy property, and the teenagers sit on her porch and smoke pot.
    It's been ok to dye your hair for like 15+ years, according to my OB.
  • Rach8672Rach8672 member
    edited October 2015
    I've officially had deli meat twice today and dyed my hair yesterday . I don't feel bad at all.

Oh and I waited in traffic for what should been a 25 min drive for 1hr 45 min , I hate when the president comes to town
  • Rach8672 said:

I've officially had deli meat twice today and dyed my hair yesterday . I don't feel bad at all.

Oh and I waited in traffic for what should been a 25 min drive for 1hr 45 min , I hate when the president comes to town

Oh my gosh, I sat in the same traffic! I had to find an alternative route which I don't really think saved me much time. The weather didn't help either!
  • I'm a teacher, and right now our school is getting modernized. As such, we are in interim housing and have paper thin walls between our temporary classrooms. My kids were doing an online review game yesterday, and things got intense. They are very competitive, and were competing for extra credit. So, it got a little loud (just a little, mind you). So...the teacher from next door decided it would be appropriate to come into MY classroom and yell, "You are all too loud. You all need to quiet down!!!" 
    WTF?!?! 
    I thought I was the teacher in MY classroom?? Back off, buddy! There is a much more professional way to handle that situation. Like, perhaps talk to me one-on-one? Or send me an email requesting that we lower the volume? But don't yell at MY kids (who weren't even that loud in the first place!!!!). Ugh. Still ticked!
  • cyanope said:
    I'm a teacher, and right now our school is getting modernized. As such, we are in interim housing and have paper thin walls between our temporary classrooms. My kids were doing an online review game yesterday, and things got intense. They are very competitive, and were competing for extra credit. So, it got a little loud (just a little, mind you). So...the teacher from next door decided it would be appropriate to come into MY classroom and yell, "You are all too loud. You all need to quiet down!!!" 
    WTF?!?! 
    I thought I was the teacher in MY classroom?? Back off, buddy! There is a much more professional way to handle that situation. Like, perhaps talk to me one-on-one? Or send me an email requesting that we lower the volume? But don't yell at MY kids (who weren't even that loud in the first place!!!!). Ugh. Still ticked!
    Heaven forbid kids get excited about learning.
  • cyanope said:
    I'm a teacher, and right now our school is getting modernized. As such, we are in interim housing and have paper thin walls between our temporary classrooms. My kids were doing an online review game yesterday, and things got intense. They are very competitive, and were competing for extra credit. So, it got a little loud (just a little, mind you). So...the teacher from next door decided it would be appropriate to come into MY classroom and yell, "You are all too loud. You all need to quiet down!!!" 
    WTF?!?! 
    Heaven forbid kids get excited about learning.
    Thank you! This guy is known for being overly-rigid with students. His kids are scared of him, and so his classroom is like a tomb. I, on the other hand, prefer an interactive, lively environment. And shocker...my students LIKE me!
  • *Trigger warning**
    I had lunch today with a group of ladies from work. One of these women is always very sour, but at heart, is a good person so we put up with her. About two weeks ago, her niece miscarried, and you'd think it was more a hot topic of conversation than it is a sad event.

The really frustrating thing is that I don't think that she's that close to her, and she can't keep her story straight from telling to telling. And she is telling it within my earshot at least 3-4 times a day. I'm pretty far along, at 30 weeks, but I'm considered "advanced age" and high risk. I've also had complications with my heart and kidneys. So really, the best thing for me, any time someone wants to say anything joyous or encouraging is to bring this back up again.
    I don't normally feel triggered by things, but the frequency that this is happening is really wearing on me.
  • *Trigger warning*

@stephanienjer I've noticed, since being pregnant, that some people can be *incredibly* insensitive with this.  You would imagine that anyone would have a moment's pause mentioning miscarriage or the possibility of miscarriage around a pregnant woman, but relatively early in my pregnancy (around 13-14 weeks) one of my closest friends was like, "Hey, don't tell anyone until you're at least 20 weeks because my friend just miscarried a couple weeks before then and it happens ALL the time.  Miscarriage is SUPER common."  And I was like... uh... thanks?  It made me crazily paranoid and scared for a while.  (I'm high risk due to an autoimmune disease and am also "advanced age" as well, so I was already nervous!)
  • I've got PUPPS. At 30 weeks. :((

It's not absolutely terrible yet, but because I Google everything all I read is about how unbearable it is and how NOTHING works. I've asked in a couple forums if anyone has heard of or had mild/moderate PUPPS or if it's always the worst thing ever.
  • *Trigger warning*

@stephanienjer I've noticed, since being pregnant, that some people can be *incredibly* insensitive with this.  You would imagine that anyone would have a moment's pause mentioning miscarriage or the possibility of miscarriage around a pregnant woman, but relatively early in my pregnancy (around 13-14 weeks) one of my closest friends was like, "Hey, don't tell anyone until you're at least 20 weeks because my friend just miscarried a couple weeks before then and it happens ALL the time.  Miscarriage is SUPER common."  And I was like... uh... thanks?  It made me crazily paranoid and scared for a while.  (I'm high risk due to an autoimmune disease and am also "advanced age" as well, so I was already nervous!)
    *trigger warning again*
    I had a similar experience at work. I am a nurse and my patient asked about my obviously pregnant belly, I told her I was 26 weeks, and she proceeds to tell me how she just had a baby this summer at 27 weeks who died. I obviously told her I was really sorry and how awful that must have been... but COME ON! That is next week for me! Thanks for stressing me out for the rest of my day!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I went to McDonald's after an ultrasound appointment this morning and was told at 11:02 that I was too late for breakfast. They had a 24hr breakfast sign on the window. I was NOT pleased.
    imageimage
  • To follow up on my TW Tuesday... I missed work both Monday and Tuesday for being sick and ended up in urgent care yesterday. My primary doctor won't give me any medications whatsoever while pregnant. My OB was out of office on surgeries. Well now, my head cold has turned into bronchitis, and my inhaler is empty. My primary doctor is out of office tomorrow. My OB "is just an OB and doesn't treat head colds" (or so the receptionist told me). And if I miss work again, I have to have a doctor's note, or I could lose my job! Ugh.
  • @Malic are you in Chicago too ? I'm in Lincoln park. Lake shore drive is a hot mess !
  • I got told today by a man who knows my husband and I from the gym "you need a wide load sign" .
    WTF is wrong with people.
  • my boss won't let me work shifts alone now (im a bartender at a very small bar) because a coworker told him my water might break & get all over the bar... I'm only 28 weeks... so goodbye to the money I was hoping to save in the next month. wtf.
  • @BarrettJ89 this is exactly what I'm going through. Going in tomorrow to have my lungs listened to. And I was told while you are pregnant your MAternal doctor is supposed to be like your primary, but also as in yours, it seems like mine don't want to take that active role. My ID doc is calling all the shots. Hard to have faith in your OB when they don't mind letting someone else deal with you. Uggggg
  • Rach8672 said:

@Malic are you in Chicago too ? I'm in Lincoln park. Lake shore drive is a hot mess !

I'm actually in the northern suburbs, Lake Zurich, commuting to Elmhurst. I guess there were a couple accidents, so between that, weather, and president, traffic was a nightmare!
  • I think my insides are getting squished. Ughhhh! At least it's bc the little Bebe is growing! :)
  • emmalc16 said:
    I got told today by a man who knows my husband and I from the gym "you need a wide load sign" . WTF is wrong with people.
    If someone told me that right now I would be in jail for murder, haha.
  • @CBWifey I got into it today with the girls at my OB's office. My primary is out of office, so I asked my OB for a script for an inhaler (I've been asthmatic for like 15 years!). They told me he didn't study that, he absolutely will not prescribe something for asthma, he only deals with obstetrics and gynecology. So, they tell me to go back to urgent care. On Tuesday, urgent care told me "there's no infection, very very contagious, go back to work tomorrow (Wednesday)." Uhhhhh? Now I have a nasty case of bronchitis and no freaking inhaler! Oh, AND I'm written out of work until Monday.
  • willashbabywillashbaby member
    edited October 2015
    @CBWifey I got into it today with the girls at my OB's office. My primary is out of office, so I asked my OB for a script for an inhaler (I've been asthmatic for like 15 years!). They told me he didn't study that, he absolutely will not prescribe something for asthma, he only deals with obstetrics and gynecology. So, they tell me to go back to urgent care. On Tuesday, urgent care told me "there's no infection, very very contagious, go back to work tomorrow (Wednesday)." Uhhhhh? Now I have a nasty case of bronchitis and no freaking inhaler! Oh, AND I'm written out of work until Monday.
    That's pretty lame service, what they don't believe you? My OBGYN had no problems giving me a script for my allergy medication so I didn't have to go to my primary just for that. He took my word for it. Maybe the pharmacy where you normally get fills could call the OB and let them know this is part of your ongoing treatment and that you're kind of in a bind? 
  • @willashbaby I have no idea. My OB gave me a script for my allergy meds too. I'm so baffled as go why they can't give me a simple inhaler. It's not like I'm begging for anything good, just something to help me breathe... but you know, apparently breathing is no biggie. *major eye roll*
  • @barrettj89 I'm sorry, I hope they can just consult your primary! Ugggg so annoying. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, because I know not breathing clearly and deeply is scary especially while pregnant.