Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Breast feeding

My baby is 3 days old and today finally breast fed great. The nurses said 20 minutes every 2-3 hours which we did and it was fine until night time. He has fed off both breasts for 40 minutes each and is still crying. How can he still be hungry?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Breast feeding

• He had been crying on and off for a few hours he would feed for a while then fall asleep in the boob I would put him down he would cry I had to either be rocking him or feeding him when he would take it from midnight until about 7 this morning that was the only way he would settle or sleep. I'm a ftm and am really starting to feel like I'm failing at it.
  • My baby is 2 weeks old and still seems to constantly be hungry I know I am producing enough milk because when I pump i can get 5 oz No problem. He feeds for 20 mins falls asleep then wakes up in 20 mins to feed again do j feed him but last night everyone he finished he threw up a lot so is he overeating? Or should I keep feeding if he is overeating why does he still always seem hungry?
  • He spit up but it was a lot. He is pooping and Peeing lots. He is also passed his birth weight which was 6lb14oz he weighs 7lbs3oz.
  • We do use a pacifier and sometimes it works and sometimes it works then when we put him down he's crying again in 20 mins
  • Is it possible that my LO is sucking hard enough sometimes he will suck and suck but I hear no swallows when I take him off there is no milk in the nipple (I am using a nipple guard because he won't take my nipple and nurses said there should be milk in the nipple that's how you know baby is getting it) but when I hand express I can get milk so I know there is milk their I just can't figure out why he's not getting it
  • What do you do or eat to get that much milk? I can barely get 2oz when I pump