May 2016 Moms
Options

Not as far along as we thought

I had my first u/s today. The good news is, everything is healthy!!! But instead of measuring 10w 1d like I thought, I measured at 8w 6d. I know it's only a week difference, but I can't help but feel disappointed that I have that much further to go :/

Re: Not as far along as we thought

• Options
    Same exact thing happened to us, although we had our first us at what we thought was 8w4d, the tech said everything looked great, we saw a super strong heartbeat with an abdominal us and all was well. Then last Friday (4 week later) we went in for what we thought was our 12 week appointment and my ob tells me "well, looks like we got pushed back exactly 2 weeks". I'm sitting there totally shocked because I've now gone 4 additional weeks thinking I'm TWO WEEKS ahead and only 1 week from the second trimester and now I'm only 10 weeks. It was super discouraging. We had an ultrasound on Monday because the ob couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler, and the baby was moving like crazy and all was right on track for being two weeks behind schedule. It super sucks, but knowing there's still a healthy baby in there makes it totally A-ok. I'm sorry the same thing happened to you
  • Options
    I was pushed back 4 days at my ultrasound. I was so upset about that! I couldn't imagine being pushed back a full week - or even 2! Yikes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here! First appt was today and thought I'd measure 9w2d. Instead I'm 8w2d. It's only a week difference, but now out due date is June 7th.
  • Options
    Ugh, what the heck babies?! My doctors like "wow, well this means you ovulate like RIGHT before you start your period, literally RIGHT before". The babies development is 10w5d putting us at an estimated conception date of August 28...well, my last period was July 31 and I'm 28 days regular to the second practically. Wtf ovaries! Anyway, that's my rant. And yes, 2 weeks is super discouraging, especially since they made me wait to find that out for 4 weeks! I'm sure a few days or a week is just as discouraging. Sorry ladies
  • Options
    We were guessing 9w4d by LMP and at our appointment 3 weeks ago I was measuring 6w5d. It was hard to hear!
  • Options
    I found out I was pregnant when I was 3 weeks. I thought I was 4. I was surprised and a little bummed that I was a week behind what I thought. But yay for a good ultrasound!
  • Options
    ncm0328 said:
    Ugh, what the heck babies?! My doctors like "wow, well this means you ovulate like RIGHT before you start your period, literally RIGHT before". The babies development is 10w5d putting us at an estimated conception date of August 28...well, my last period was July 31 and I'm 28 days regular to the second practically. Wtf ovaries! Anyway, that's my rant. And yes, 2 weeks is super discouraging, especially since they made me wait to find that out for 4 weeks! I'm sure a few days or a week is just as discouraging. Sorry ladies
    Sorry to hijack, but if it were me, I'd change doctors. For you to ovulate right before you start your period is literally impossible. It would bother me if my doctor said something so medically inaccurate.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congrats on a healthy baby! I can tell you from my first ultrasound, baby was suppose to be 7w4d (based on LMP) but only measured 6w5d, which was more accurate because I knew when I ovulated. Today, I had my 12w4d ultrasound and baby measured at 13w1d. So they go through growth spurts! Pretty cool
  • Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I thought I just *knew* when I had some implantation bleeding, but that's what I get for being smug :) I'm still very happy to have a healthy little gummy bear. That bump back puts my due date at June 2nd, but I can't bear to leave the May 2016 group for a 2 day difference! I think I'll keep creeping here and hope for a growth spurt.

Here's to healthy babies!!

PS. My husband told me during the ultrasound that the only way he could be more excited for this baby is if it came bundled with an Xbox 1.
  • Options
    I understand your disappointment.  The same thing happened when I went in for my first ultrasound.  There was a strong heartbeat and everything looked fine, but I was measuring a week earlier than I had calculated (I thought I was 7w 1d, but I was 6w 1d).  It was disappointing, but I was happy everything looked normal.

And I agree - this is a good group, so there's no reason to leave the May board because of 2 days!
  • Options
    Yup, me too. I got pushed back 9 days so now I'm technically June 5, but I'm having an awful time wrapping my head around it. In the long run it doesn't make that much difference (it's an -estimated- due date, so +- 2 weeks is totally normal!), but my brother's wedding is June 4 and for some reason this new date is making me more stressed out about it. Also I don't want to have to reset all my tickers and things. Meh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My baby was measuring 11 days "behind" at my last appointment. It feels like I'm repeating a grade because I just got back to where I thought I was before I went to the doctor. It's like adding days to this looong first trimester! I'm thinking (hoping) the babe will be closer to my original EDD at my next appointment because I have never ovulated that late.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    In my mind due dates are irrelevent...well not irrelevent, but I wouldn't put too much thought into a week or 2. The babies will come when they are ready- could be right on when you thought you were due...or two weeks after your new EDD. Honestly, I'd rather have a later EDD just in case you do need to be induced (baby will have longer time to develop)
  • Options
    @bshurdy That's exactly how I felt! Like, "I thought I already crossed this or that milestone." I know baby will come when she's ready, but it's a bummer to know you're further away from the end of the trimester than you thought.
  • Options
    Ladies,

Thank you for these posts! Today I had a very similar experience. (I thought I was 8+ weeks along, but the doc said I was betweeen 6w4d and 7w4d.) I feel like my pregnancy has been demoted. I know that's silly because being further along isn't "better" or "worse," but I'm bummed that I'll have to wait that much longer to have the little one in my arms. Any tips for increasing patience during the long wait?
  • Options
    Hmmm wrong birth month my friend, we are all due in may, im guessing you are due august? And this is a zombie thread now.

Ad you have just over 30 weeks left to go, youll find you adjust just fine to the wait. As others have pointed out above, baby comes when it wants to abd due dates don't really matter in the end.

Congratulations btw.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    Hi! I wouldn't worry too much about the week difference, I went into the ER for bleeding at 7w1d and got an ultrasound, lucky everything was fine and baby had a heartbeat but he was measuring 6w1d. He was still measuring a week behind at an ultrasound I had done at 13.5 weeks, so he was measuring 12.5. I just went in for my anatomy scan last Wednesday at 19w2d and he was measuring ahead and weighed about .5 ounce more than what would have been considered "average" for that time. even with the baby measuring behind, they never ended up changing my due date, and I'm glad they didn't because it ended up staying the same in the long run!
  • Options
    I am measured based on my first day of my last period - but my cycle is all over the place (between 28-35 days). When I went to the ER at one point, I was measured at 6weeks, as opposed to 7. My gynecologist still measures me based on my last period - even the machine seems to show otherwise. Ugh. I don't even know my own due date.
  • Options
    What is happening?
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    I'm guessing maybe they searched the bump not realizing they searched the whole site and not just the board they were on? Props for searching the board though!
  • Options
    What is happening?
    I was thinking the same thing, LOL
  • Options
    They might have been lurking and forgot which BMB they were in. I've almost done that so many times haha
  • Options