October 2015 Moms

I swear if I get one more text...

Oh I know you can relate!

The questions and comments are coming in and boy do I just want to throw my phone across the room!

"Think the baby will come soon?"

"You haven't posted on facebook in 2 days, is the baby here?"

"Sex. Pumping. Walking."

"Are you doing ok?"

"Been having any contractions?"

.... I just want it to end! I've found that if I ignore them they text even more.

And my mom keeps calling and everytime I answer she's like "Oh so you're not in labor yet?"... People amuse me, that's the nicest way I can put it!

What have been some of your interesting conversations?

Re: I swear if I get one more text...

• Just wait until you are in labor and you get the texts....
    'is baby here yet?'
    'Send picks!'
    'It's been 24 hours what's the update?'

'No thank you for reminding me my labor is painfully long'

I swear I wanted to block some of my friends numbers....
  • Oh my god do I feel your pain! I'm scheduled for induction tonight and I've been trying desperately to take my mind off of it. Not gonna happen with a call or text every 20 min!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just wait until you are in labor and you get the texts....
    'is baby here yet?'
    'Send picks!'
    'It's been 24 hours what's the update?'

'No thank you for reminding me my labor is painfully long'

I swear I wanted to block some of my friends numbers....

Yeah with my first I completely shut off my phone... Then people started contacting my husband! This time we aren't annoucing we're in labor. We just sent our 14 month old to my parents house for the week, so hopefully we will have some baby action soon! haha my next pregnancy I'm tempted to give a fake due date!
  • I've had my baby but deal with my MIL constantly asking what can she do to help, how are things, always worried about who came to visit. While in the hospital for light therapy I finally told hubby to call her and tell her to back off, there's nothing she could do. She wanted to come visit. One, NICU doesn't like excess visitors. Two, when he wasn't under the light i was nursing him and no I wasn't going to share my 30 minutes with her. But at the same time she's saying we need our space. Ok, so leave me alone!!!!
  • My FIL called and said "Baby yet?" Died laughing and hung up. I wanted to scream!!!

I find the texts and calls from my friends that have kids and have been thru it to be the worst bc it's like, you should know better!! And of course, they add in the "just you wait" comments that boil my blood.

I have pretty much stopped responding at this point. I don't care if I'm rude, I'm looking out for my sanity.
  • I can relate. And I actually did throw my phone across the room yesterday. Oops.
  • Yes! My mom called me yesterday to ask and then text me a couple of hours later! I know she's excited but I will let you know lol
  • Yes! My parents (who live in town) and inlaws (who live out of town) are getting so impatient and just want to know when baby is coming so they can all make plans - to see baby or with their social lives. they don't seem to remember how babies decide to come when they want to come. If my inlaws call one more time for an update, I'm going to scream.
  • Every single day I get a text from my MIL. "Any signs yet?" I have already told this woman 50 times that I would let her know if anything happens.

I was due October 21st, still no baby. My FIL is on a business trip and was really upset about missing the birth. But clearly my LO is content for now. Anyways. This is word for word, I asked, "When is dad getting back?" and I got bombarded by texts saying OMG you're in labor!? All because I asked when he was getting back!? Like. Everybody needs to chill. Out. And it's not like it's their first grandchild. It's their fifth! Relaaaaxxxxx people before I lose my freakin pregnant temper lol!
  • My mother in law texts me everyday "how are you feeling" which really just means "where's my baby"-- she loves to call our Charlotte 'her baby' ; I am on the verge, ladies...
  • Ugh!!!I was just telling my husband his grandfather called me to tell me he guessed today so the baby has to come today....LET ME GET ON THAT FOR YOU!!!!

my due date was Saturday so if I call anyone they panic!it's the most annoying thing. Ever.
  • Just do what I did and have the baby a month early so no one is suspicious :)
  • I am having that problem now that he's here. My husband and I get a million text messages a day asking how we are and wanting pictures of the baby. Oh and don't get me started on all of the visitors! It has been non stop and people are so rude. I'm very overprotective and I know that but please be respectful and don't use flash on your camera and don't be kissing on him! I just want time alone with him with my husband without all of the disrespectful people butting in.
  • Just do what I did and have the baby a month early so no one is suspicious :)
    I'm having a scheduled c-section Wednesday morning. I told everyone but my mother (who's watching DD), that is actually Thursday, so they'll all leave me the hell alone. LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thunda88 said:

I am having that problem now that he's here. My husband and I get a million text messages a day asking how we are and wanting pictures of the baby. Oh and don't get me started on all of the visitors! It has been non stop and people are so rude. I'm very overprotective and I know that but please be respectful and don't use flash on your camera and don't be kissing on him! I just want time alone with him with my husband without all of the disrespectful people butting in.

People wanting to visit is an issue we are already starting to have and we just got home. We told everyone to visit us in the hospital so that we cou do relax once we're home. Now people are already asking about visiting us and we keep telling them the at least the first day or two we don't want visitors. We want to rest and relax together
  • With our 2nd we posted on Facebook and told people to call or text to be sure it was a good time to visit, otherwise they might be told at the door that it wasnt a good time. It was actually very effective! We ended up turning only 1 person away. Lol
  • Having had one newborn before, I really don't get the fun of visiting new parents, having them take time out of their schedule to chat with me, possibly messing up a schedule, and them feeling like the house needs to be clean, etc. All to get a glimpse of a baby that you shouldn't be breathing on anyway? So much can be accomplished via social media these days. I'd much prefer to meet my friend's babies at a later date when my friend is actually awake enough to have a conversation and baby isn't in a bubble. Early visits seems so intrusive.
  • People are coming out of the woodwork! It's so rude they are so nosey!!
  • People are coming out of the woodwork! It's so rude they are so nosey!!

I dont think that most of the time they are trying to be rude. I think they are excited!
  • I hear you! I'm 5 days overdue and my friends and family are hounding me daily! Are you still pregnant? Where is this baby? Blah blah blah! People just don't seem to get it. Baby will come when it's ready!
  • CocoR04 said:

Having had one newborn before, I really don't get the fun of visiting new parents, having them take time out of their schedule to chat with me, possibly messing up a schedule, and them feeling like the house needs to be clean, etc. All to get a glimpse of a baby that you shouldn't be breathing on anyway? So much can be accomplished via social media these days. I'd much prefer to meet my friend's babies at a later date when my friend is actually awake enough to have a conversation and baby isn't in a bubble. Early visits seems so intrusive.

Yassss!!!!!!! That's exactly how I feel. Like oh, your going to come over and watch her lay there fast asleep? That means I need to clean my toilet and actually put a bra on??? NO WAY.
  • Leabyrd said:

CocoR04 said:

Having had one newborn before, I really don't get the fun of visiting new parents, having them take time out of their schedule to chat with me, possibly messing up a schedule, and them feeling like the house needs to be clean, etc. All to get a glimpse of a baby that you shouldn't be breathing on anyway? So much can be accomplished via social media these days. I'd much prefer to meet my friend's babies at a later date when my friend is actually awake enough to have a conversation and baby isn't in a bubble. Early visits seems so intrusive.

Yassss!!!!!!! That's exactly how I feel. Like oh, your going to come over and watch her lay there fast asleep? That means I need to clean my toilet and actually put a bra on??? NO WAY.
    Haha!!! So true. Especially about the bra!
  • My mother in law texts me everyday "how are you feeling" which really just means "where's my baby"-- she loves to call our Charlotte 'her baby' ; I am on the verge, ladies...

This sooo true. My MIL does the same thing. I know she's excited but sheesh leave me be.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It wouldn't bother me if these people bothered to speak to me before but these are people who dropped me like a hot potato as soon as I couldn't attend cocktail hour anymore. Or people who I haven't spoken to in years! Bugger off! You'll get the news when you get the news... And my mom... "Baby yet?!" Like I'm not going to tell her or something?!! My ding on my phone makes my skin crawl.
  • Baby's name is Lucy BTW

This is me giving attitude to a totally rude text
  • I have become a recluse in the last week because I will seriously snap on the next person who tries to tell me what to do to get my labor going.  I'm so sick of people reminding me of the fact that I still haven't had my baby.  I am more than well aware of the fact.  I had to delete my facebook, too.  I just can't deal with any of it right now.  I even started my maternity leave early because everyone was driving me crazy.  Now I'm pissed because I've wasted four perfectly good days because baby boy is taking his precious little time.  
  • LouislLouisl member
    edited October 2015
    I had cousins announcing they were coming by to see my week-old newborn WITH their two- and one-year-old who go to daycare and are carrying around God knows how many germs! And then when my cousin wanted to hold the baby right after holding one of his kids, I had to ask him to wash his hands! So he goes to the sink and splashes water on his hands, no soap. Ugh, that's not how germs work dude. Why wouldn't he know better?! Then they proceeded to stay for 6 hours, their kids running around our house, breaking things, and even asked where there was a good place to get takeout nearby to go bring food back..um....seriously?! I had to say i was exhausted and needed a break and basically kick them out. What's wrong with people?!

And all the people blowing up my phone for pix....I had a really rough recovery the first week and the last thing I was thinking about was taking pictures of my baby. I actually had my dad and stepmom texting me "pix please???" And then when I didn't respond, "??????" Why don't people understand that WE are still patients at that point and to lay off a bit?
  • @Louisl I totally feel you... Although I haven't had my baby girl yet my sister came to visit with my nieces and nephews and they are awful… I love them… But they are so badly behaved .... It was the most stressful three hour visit I've ever had I don't want them to come when I have a newborn like I'll say she can come but leave the kids at home
  • @kelsojohnso yes definitely put your foot down. I wasn't prepared for how inconsiderate people are and I wish I had learned to get ahead of it earlier.
  • I just had to post pics of a very pregnant me to let everyone know baby is not here yet and stop bugging me, my dad and mum lol. I get that everyone is excited and anxious but no one more than me. Leave me the effect alone people lol
  • I am feeling this now!!! Stop freaking asking me about the baby EVERY FREAKING DAY! I told them all I'll let them know when he is here, why keep asking?? He is late, so I am annoyed enough!!!
  • I am feeling yalls pain, I don't really have many people asking constantly, just every once in awhile and my mom texting every morning asking how I feel lol... I'm frustrated that I've been off work for 4 days already and I'm just sitting around bored waiting.
  • Bored here too! I told DH to go to work on Monday, which he was going to take off, because I have a feeling I won't be in labor by then. I had a membrane sweep today at 40w and had cramps/contractions for a couple of hours, but now I'm back to normal. Ugh.