November 2015 Moms

Swelling going down before labor?

I've been completely swollen since about six months, especially my feet and face. Then yesterday and today all of it was pretty much gone. My face looks almost normal and I can even nearly fit my feet back into my old shoes. Anyone else experiencing this or STM, could that possibly be some weird sign that labor is coming soon? I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm due Sunday so I'm hopeful!

Re: Swelling going down before labor?

• I was just thinking how I was noticing this! I'm 38+1 and still working, so even for my feet to not be swollen im astonished! :)
  • No change in my face or hands, but my feet have been much less swollen lately. It comes and goes, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Losing water weight is a pre-labor sign, but that doesn't necessarilymean labor is soon.
  • Thank you ladies for giving me some hope! I'm 35+4 and the last 3-4 weeks I have been soooo uncomfortable with swelling.
  • I just read something this morning about this being a sign of labor.  I have been having night sweats and was looking for information regarding that, but came across an article that referred to both night sweats and swelling going down as labor signs.  I really feel like I am back in the TTC days, symptom spotting.  I know none of it means anything but it's so hard not to google!
    YCSWU 

• modanz1 said:
    I just read something this morning about this being a sign of labor.  I have been having night sweats and was looking for information regarding that, but came across an article that referred to both night sweats and swelling going down as labor signs.  I really feel like I am back in the TTC days, symptom spotting.  I know none of it means anything but it's so hard not to google!
    Yes! I feel the exact same way!!
  • The cooler weather could also be helping with the swelling. Idk about where you ladies live, but this week has been noticeably cooler and I think that helps. Although I still have sausage fingers.
  • I was down a pound this week at my appointment (37.5 weeks).  Assuming its water weight coming down. But I also live in TX where its finally tolerable to be outside! So could be either end of pregnancy or swelling going down due to cooler weather.  
  • Well I'm doomed to be pregnant forever because my swelling has gone UP lately! LOL

My OB mentioned on Friday that it's normal to retain even more water this late in the game (I'm 39 weeks). So who knows. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I lost 3lbs this week right before labor. I was pretty blown away by that amount!
  • Hands and feet swelling have gone down myself. I'm also more comfortable sleeping and having "better" days since I've been 38.5 weeks pregnant. Really weird - 37-38 was really really uncomfortable but now it's getting better? I also think it's because she dropping lower and lower but I feel half decent - wondering when this little bundle will make her arrival!