January 2016 Moms
Options

Christmas Cards then Birth Announcements or one or the other?

I'm due at the end of January, so I can't really combine a holiday card with birth announcement.
What are you planning on doing? One of each? One or the other or Neither?
N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)

Re: Christmas Cards then Birth Announcements or one or the other?

• Options
    I'll do both because I do a tongue in cheek Christmas letter with my Christmas card and I'll want to have a pic of the baby on the announcement but it will add up $$. I use vista print online - they have good deals on cards.
  • Options
    Will do both. My first was due 12/28 and I did both with him as well.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we're going to skip the Christmas card and just do a Happy New Year/Birth Announcement type card at some point.  But I could still change my mind on that!  I keep going back and forth.
  • Options
    We are also skipping the Christmas card and doing a Happy New Year/Birth Announcement.
  • Options
    We're using our maternity pictures for Christmas cards, with the message "the best gifts don't come under the tree." We'll send out birth announcements in the beginning of February probably, as I'm due 1/25.
  • Options
    We are doing both.  We always send out holiday cards, and we are having some maternity/holiday photos taken on the 14th of November. I'll use those for our Christmas cards and then probably get some sort of Valentines Day themed, pictures taken for his birth announcement.  I'm due the 24th, so by the time we get photos taken, receive them back and get them out to family and friends, Valentines Day will be very soon or even have just happened. 
  • Options
    We're skipping the Christmas card and doing an announcement/New Year card.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    I'll do both. My husband and I always have fun taking pics for a photo card. I'm not due until 1/17 and probably won't get announcements printed and sent until well into February.
  • Options
    I'll do Christmas cards. Birth announcement will be on Facebook because it will be old news by the time the snail mail arrived.
  • Options
    We're doing both. I have two shutterfly gifts cards, one for registering with Babies r us and the other for signing up at Motherhood Maternity so we're taking advantage of that!
  • Options
    Jaylin85 said:
    We are also skipping the Christmas card and doing a Happy New Year/Birth Announcement.

This!
  • Options
    We'll do both since we'll have holiday pictures taken of DD1, and then a birth announcement when we welcome DD2 in January.
  • Options
    I'm due 1/1, so I think I'll do a new year announcement card instead of a Christmas card this year. Save me a little money in the long run.

Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Options
    So funny but I've been battling what to do with this as well. We are having professional family photos made 11/14 while I'm still pregnant. We will likely get proofs and such by 12/5 or so and then print cards.

BUUUUT baby is scheduled to be here 12/9 or 10 (I'm due 1/1)...so by the time the pretty cards go out we will have a baby and the professinal pics card will be outdated...

Such a first world problem. But seriously?!?! Will the pretty family pics just be wasted? I mean, I can't even really give them as Christmas gifts like I normally do to Grandparents as they're going to want a picture of everyone including the new baby.

Womp womp.
  • Options

So funny but I've been battling what to do with this as well. We are having professional family photos made 11/14 while I'm still pregnant. We will likely get proofs and such by 12/5 or so and then print cards.

BUUUUT baby is scheduled to be here 12/9 or 10 (I'm due 1/1)...so by the time the pretty cards go out we will have a baby and the professinal pics card will be outdated...

Such a first world problem. But seriously?!?! Will the pretty family pics just be wasted? I mean, I can't even really give them as Christmas gifts like I normally do to Grandparents as they're going to want a picture of everyone including the new baby.

Womp womp.
    Is there anyway you can change your picture date to after baby is here and do a newborn shoot instead? I understand your dilemma I would worry they would be "wasted" too. Hope it works out!

• Options
    I need to contact the photog and ask. I'm torn because I'd like to have both some good family pics while I'm pregnant and a good family pic with the baby when he's wee.

Decisions, decisions #firstworldproblems
  • Options

We are doing both.  We always send out holiday cards, and we are having some maternity/holiday photos taken on the 14th of November. I'll use those for our Christmas cards and then probably get some sort of Valentines Day themed, pictures taken for his birth announcement.  I'm due the 24th, so by the time we get photos taken, receive them back and get them out to family and friends, Valentines Day will be very soon or even have just happened. 

Oh. Valentine's Day. Great idea!!!!
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    I'm only doing Christmas cards (not maternity pics because I'm sorry but I hate the way I look right now ---but we are putting baby's name in the card, if she turns out to be a boy that will be a fun laugh). Not doing a birth announcement but we will text out photos to our family and friends when she arrives.