May 2016 Moms

Tell us your baby's sex!

Re: Tell us your baby's sex!

• Congratulations to everyone! I might be the weird one but I'm okay with waiting until the anatomy scan. I worry about everything else but for some reason, we aren't concerned about any of the extra scans. So I'll join you all on this train in late December/early January!
  • @BBHME I ordered the Harmony test. There are other similar tests with different names such as the Panorama. They don't automatically check for the fetal sex; you do need to request it as part of the test. 

@mrstmoose it's not an extra scan, it's a blood test that tests the fetal DNA for chromosomal abnormalities which can be given as early as 9/10 weeks. You're usually given the option to also find out the sex of the baby as well since that will be evident from the DNA. If I wasn't considered higher risk, I'd be totally fine waiting until the 20 week scan. Good luck on your scan and hope to see you post here in a few weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lisaren that's wonderful! Congrats!
  • Yay! Congratulations @makchl and @vinerie!

I totally thought I could wait to find out the results too. But once I had them, I lasted about ten minutes (and that was only because I was waiting for my SO to call back so I could at least open them over the phone with him). 
  • @jenbkc that's GREAT news! I am so happy for you. I found out at work too. It was hard to keep it together. 
  • I'll be 10 weeks this week. Going to my OB tomorrow and plan on talking to her about the Harmony test. I'm so anxious to know more about this little bean!!
    Congrats to all the moms who know and have gotten good test results so far!!!!
    We're planning a gender reveal party in mid-November, so watch for an update around then!!!!!
  • Good luck @jessicalacey1226
    Keep in mind that your doctor may offer you a different brand name test such as Panarama or Verify. You are looking for cell free DNA testing. 
  • Thanks for the head's up! I'm in the waiting room now!
  • So, it looks like I'll be waiting until the 20 week scan. Talked to my doc about doing one of the blood tests and she said it really wasn't recommended due to my age group (not considered at risk). She said if it was something I insisted on she would order it. DH and I decided to follow her recommendation. Which, considering we're not going to be telling close family/ friends until this weekend it'll give everyone some time to process the pregnancy before springing a party on them. Hoping the next 10 weeks go fairly quickly!!!
  • Good call @jessicalacey1226! A lot of us who had it done were considered higher risk for whatever reason. I also had to pay for mine 100% out of pocket - so I can definitely appreciate waiting until the 20 week scan! Hope you have a happy and healthy 10 weeks and hope to see you post here after your anatomy scan. 
  • I am jealous of everyone already finding out the sex!  I will have to wait until the anatomy scan at 18 weeks since I'm not high risk.  Congratulations to everyone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My test is next Tuesday, but so no tech said no wee wee yet and 80% chance girl!!!! I already have 2 boys.
  • I'm impatiently waiting for the results since I had a high NT reading. Mostly I'm worried about the health of the baby, but trying to look at finding out the sex as the "silver lining" of this stressful situation. I should have the results by next Monday or Tuesday.
  • @onislandtime prayers and fingers crossed for a healthy baby! Keep us posted!
  • Wishing you the best @onislandtime

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Congratulations to everyone who got their results! Fingers crossed for you @onislandtime. A high NT reading likely still means you have a healthy baby. Let us know when you get your results. 
  • Yay for everyone and their healthy babies! It makes it feel so much more real to learn the sex!
  • @nerdymama15 I was told I had to wait too. I will find out at my appointment next month, which will fall the week of Christmas. I'm chomping at the bit to know!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Curious if anyone else has had this experience . . .

At my NT scan a few weeks ago I asked the Ultrasound Tech about when I could find out the sex and she said that the anatomy scan is around 20 weeks but they are more focused on the organs and not the sex and that I MAY find out but it's certainly not on any check list of things to do.  Is this normal?  Don't get me wrong I am excited to find out about the baby's health but I thought sex was a standard reveal at 20 weeks also.

Sorry to hijack. 
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited November 2015
    Kurrant said:

Curious if anyone else has had this experience . . .

At my NT scan a few weeks ago I asked the Ultrasound Tech about when I could find out the sex and she said that the anatomy scan is around 20 weeks but they are more focused on the organs and not the sex and that I MAY find out but it's certainly not on any check list of things to do.  Is this normal?  Don't get me wrong I am excited to find out about the baby's health but I thought sex was a standard reveal at 20 weeks also.

Sorry to hijack. 
    The focus is on the anatomy scan. Usually they will identify the sex as well, but if baby is in a position where sex is hard to determine, they won't necessarily try for a while to move the baby around like they would if they couldn't get a clear shot of something like the heart chambers. I've known people to leave an anatomy scan and still not know the sex.
  • Congratulations to all the new boy and girl babies!