May 2016 Moms

Baby Shower

This is my first pregnancy; when do you have a baby shower and when should you start registering for items?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Shower

• Start registering now but don't share it until you have it figured out 100%. I changed mine with my first pregnancy multiple times with brands, etc. before it was finalized.

As far as when, end of 2nd trimester/early 3rd trimester. Some have them later but my family has a history of early births. I didn't want to risk it. My DD ended up being 3 weeks early. I also wanted to make sure there was time for me to buy anything still needed.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• ^^agreed! You can start a registry any time, and honestly it's fun! I've made them for all 3 pregnancies. Started them early, put everything I liked on them. Then I went through product reviews and got personal opinions from family and friends and finalized it by removing the things I decided against and leaving the rest before the invitations went out for the shower. My mother in law threw mine in the beginning of my 3rd trimester. Left me plenty of time to purchase the things I still needed and get my house put together before baby came :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister, who lives across the country, has a pretty complicated travel schedule... She asked me to do the shower at 35-36 weeks in early April (1st or 2nd weekend) due to conflicting plans in Feb and Mid March. At first I thought this was fine, but now I'm thinking it might be cutting it too close?? I'm due May 8th.
  • As for timing...if it's possible, I think early third trimester is the latest I would choose. You have a lot of organizing and prepping and putting together and problem solving pieces of stuff to do after a shower! Leaving time for that was ideal in my situation, but sometimes schedules call for later and it's lovely she wants to host a shower for you. :)
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016