January 2016 Moms
Options

Blood test results

So I'm waiting to hear back from the Drs office today but my test results came back with a high MVP count, and low RBC, hemoglobin, and hematocrit levels. This is all a different language to me, do any of you ladies know what these mean?

Re: Blood test results

• Options
    Did you read these online?  I would wait to talk to your doctor/nurse as any of these could be borderline-low but be flagged on your medical record.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Anemia.
    Agree with PP, you would have to discuss with doctor to know if you are really low or just barely.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have low hematocrit. They are saying possibly anemia. I have to wait a couple weeks for more testing.
  • Options
    kimber308 said:
    I have low hematocrit. They are saying possibly anemia. I have to wait a couple weeks for more testing.
    If that's the case they'll probably just put you on an iron supplement.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    yup. I'm anemic. I'm on a blood building regimen to get my levels back up so that I can still have a home birth. It's a bunch of nasty herbal supplements. Blergh.
  • Options
    nlwz123 said:
    kimber308 said:
    If that's the case they'll probably just put you on an iron supplement.
    Hi nlwz, I also have low platelet counts, so it's not that simple. They said they won't treat unless my platelets go up and it's just anemia.
  • Options
    Probably iron supplement and steroid. My platelets are low too, but not low enough for steroids yet. In my case my body attacks it's self (kind of like an autoimmune diseases) while pregnant.
  • Options
    kimber308kimber308 member
    edited October 2015
    lwebley said:
    Probably iron supplement and steroid. My platelets are low too, but not low enough for steroids yet. In my case my body attacks it's self (kind of like an autoimmune diseases) while pregnant.
    That's what I have, too. What number was your platelet count last? I go for another blood test in a few days to see if it's continuing to drop.