New York Babies
Options

Best NYC Health Exchange plan?

Hello! 

I just had Fidelis Silver activated about 1 week before the BFP (7 weeks currently) , seems like they don't cover lab tests and I'm high risk (38, PCOS, Prolactinoma) so suspect I'll be have more of those than usual. The estimator suggests about 5k as the cost to me for a pregnancy/delivery. Wondering if anyone has some pointers for the best options? I suspect I'll go through a deductible pretty quickly with this and my every 3 month endocrinologists test- wondering if a lower monthly might make more sense? Any pointers in general greatly appreciated! 

Re: Best NYC Health Exchange plan?

• Options
    I see a lot of posts recc'ing specific Doctors but not the insurance companies. Any insights would be much appreciated. Currently on Fidelis Silver but we were definitely not pregnant when we made that decision! 
  • Options
    Go with the big players. Im on Anthem BlueCross BlueShield. Other common ones are Aetna, Cigna etc.
    Do NOT go with Oscar, or other new ones. Oscar is a relatively new healthcare startup and I've read horrible reviews about the service/customer care/rates&coverage.