Infertility
Options

TMI: bleeding after US?

Has anyone ever had vaginal bleeding after an US? I went in yesterday for my WTO appointment and had US and BW. There was a moment during the US when the RE went from my right to left side that I nearly jumped off the table. I just figured he hit my bladder but now I don't know.
I took Letrozole this cycle and per Google, bleeding is a rare side effect. I took Letrozole back in August with no side effects whatsoever.

I called RE office and they said not to worry and maybe it's from US. But I've had numerous US since March and never had bleeding afterward. Anyone have any ideas??? It is not AF since I'm CD 14 and WTO.
    • TTC #1 since August 2014
    • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle

Re: TMI: bleeding after US?

• Options
    Are you just having a bit of spotting or are you bleeding enough to fill a pad?
  • Options
    I've personally never had bleeding after an ultrasound... that's not to say it can't happen. It would make sense if you experienced discomfort during, that it would be linked to it. I've had difficult transfers etc and bled as a result... just not an US, but if it was a bit rough.... definitely possible

Its very odd given where you are in your cycle otherwise, and although you found its a possible symptom of Letrazole, I am inclined to think its linked to your US. I'm no doc though ;) just thought I'd offer my best guess opinion. 

Anyone else?
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could also just be random spotting.  Rough sex?  I'm curious to know what OP defines as "bleeding".  Spotting, I wouldn't think much about it, but legit bleeding, I might be trying to get in RE.  
  • Options
    It was legit bleeding. Red in the toilet and on toilet paper. Not enough to fill a pad.
    Nope not from sex. I'm guessing from the US.
    Thanks for your responses.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Options
    If your cervix is softened (due to pregnancy or near ovulation) it can get irritated and bleed during an us. In this case the blood would be brighter, generally, than typical uterine lining shedding would be. My best guess, the tech wasn't careful enough and scratched your cervix. Let them know at the next us so they are careful. if you have another us or have intercourse soon after you may bleed again. Otherwise, you shouldn't have continued bleeding it should stop after a bit. If you do, definitely call back and push for them to see you.